blue andalusian and leghorn cross??updated 1/27/08

johnnyjack

Songster
12 Years
Oct 21, 2007
usa
i am hatching some blue andalusians crossed with a white leghorn . they are hatching out now i got 1 blue and one white so far. my question is what color will they end up as full grown birds. if born blue will they stay blue?

Last edited:
Most likely they will! Just keep an eye out on their wing feathers, if they stay blue, they will be blue.

We tried crossing white Leghorns gals to Buff, and Blue Wheaton roosters and got alot of white with black odd feathers on their bodies. Beautiful birds but if we cross those offsprings to a Blue roo, we would get at least half blues and have splashes.

Good luck!

this is the three i got so far . i collected the eggs over a 2 week time.so they will hatch at differnt times. the hen was realy sick and i wanted some to keep her going. i know shes smiling from chicken heaven.
100_1681.jpg

MORE PICTURES OF THE WHITE LEGHORN ANDALUSIAN CROSS 3 OUT OF 6 ARE BLUE
HPIM2400.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting and something I have thought about doing. I have a rescue mission Leghorn Roo and a few Andalusian hens may be worth a shot this spring.
You might try getting on the PoultryImprovemt Yahoo group. Tim is a genetics genius on there and he can answer any question you might have.
Monty

Back
Top Bottom