Blue Orpington

Pics
Wonderful, gallito! I'd love to see a pic. His chick pic reminds me of our 'Baby' when he was tiny. He's now a big, huge roo. Just beautiful! He's in the avatar picture, when he was still a cockerel.

Heres an updated picture of my blue orpington Roo he went from this...

To this...

And finally to this, hes around 6/7 weeks

I have a blue male he's still a baby but he's very docile and a true sweetie, he follows me around and always loves attention! He is best friends with a Sussex pulley and he's not mean to other chickens.

The big SQ breeder in Idaho, which I got my Blue Orpington start from, swears by the Terry Disney line. She even has me hooked. They are huge and fluffy!!

Here's a write up they posted on Ebay.

Please see our feedback here, and our reputation on BY Chicken forum, and other sites where we advertise. Unlike most sellers of hatching eggs on Ebay -we show our birds competitively at National APA (American Poultry Association) sanctioned shows. We are members of the the APA and the United Orpington Club of America. Our Orpingtons are well known throughout the US and pictures of our award-winning birds appear regularly in Poultry Press Magazine.

We show our Black Orpingtons at most, if not all, show we attend. - it is not uncommon to see our birds on Champion Row.
2014 Awards (just our LF Orpingtons):

1. January 18: Jefferson,GA ... 2 shows. Show #1 - Champion English Class--Black Orpington pullet ; Show#2 - Champion English--Blue Orpington cockerel and Reserve Champion English with a Black Orpington pullet.

2. February 15: Newnan, GA... Reserve of Breed (large class of Orpingtons) with a Blue Orpington cockeral

I will let you know real soon on the Terry Disney line. I have several in incubator now. I have talked to Terry on the phone and he seems to be a real nice guy and very helpful. I will post pic;s as they develop for anybody that is interested.

I have a Terry Disney Blue Orpington, and she is absolutely huge and beautiful. Out of 6 eggs, 4 hatched which is pretty good for shipped eggs. The reason I kept her and got rid of her siblings is because I only wanted the blue hen (got blue and black roo, and blue and black hen). She is literally the size of my Barred Rock Roo and puts every other chicken I've ever had to shame. She's much calmer and lays as many eggs as my Barred Rocks. I've never been so impressed with a chicken, and I've had MANY breeds from MANY sources. You can tell Terry Disney has put in a lot of time and effort into breeding the most impressive Orpingtons.

I know this thread is a bit old but randomly came across it - I have a few blues myself.. never crossed a buff with the white leghorn - but I have a buff roo and a white hen - so just may try! :)

Back
Top Bottom