Bobtail coloration, or just odd coloring?

Pics

MysteryChicken

Preserving Gamefowl, 1 Variety At a Time🇮🇳🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
May 31, 2018
Tawas City, Michigan
I just discovered the Bobtail coloration from looking at Cochin pictures, & I have a question about one of my birds.

I hatched this girl, Jelly Bean, & was wondering if this is the same coloring as the cochins, or is she just carrying silver upon her salmon breasts?
20201019_140857.jpg
20201013_134211.jpg
She's Mille Fleur D'uccle/OEGB X OEGB. She's almost purebred. Not quite though.

Here she is as a day old chick if this helps any.
20200728_090618.jpg
20200728_090632.jpg
20200728_092028.jpg

@NatJ
Can you help out abit if you can? I know that Bobtail is a coloration caused by Incomplete Albinism, or Sex Linked Albinism, but just want your opinion on my Jelly Bean.

@NatJ
Can you help out abit if you can? I know that Bobtail is a coloration caused by Incomplete Albinism, or Sex Linked Albinism, but just want your opinion on my Jelly Bean.

I see that Jelly Bean has some salmon in her breast, but not nearly as much as some other hens I've seen pictured.

I think she's probably just silver duckwing, possibly with one copy of the Columbian gene from the Mille Fleur grandparent. The genetic calculator says that would give "incomplete columbian" but I can't find a photo of what incomplete columbian would look like, so I don't know if she's got one copy of Co, or is pure co+/co+ to go with the silver duckwing color pattern.

I see that Jelly Bean has some salmon in her breast, but not nearly as much as some other hens I've seen pictured.

I think she's probably just silver duckwing, possibly with one copy of the Columbian gene from the Mille Fleur grandparent. The genetic calculator says that would give "incomplete columbian" but I can't find a photo of what incomplete columbian would look like, so I don't know if she's got one copy of Co, or is pure co+/co+ to go with the silver duckwing color pattern.
Columbian is a possibility, but usually takes up more of the body color then chest.

This girl carries 1 copy of the Columbian gene, & has some partridge patterning that leakes through.
20210225_141953.jpg
20210225_142018.jpg
here's incomplete Silver Columbian.
20210221_142536.jpg

Back
Top Bottom