Bossier City, La says No Chickens during Pandemic?

MollyBee88

Chirping
Jun 28, 2020
So, here we are still in the middle of this Covid19 thing. In the beginning there were no eggs to be found in the stores and now there is a meat shortage.... it makes sense to have a few chickens, as eggs are a wonderful source of nutrition. I can’t buy a Hamburger at a restaurant around here or beef at the store but the City Marshall tells me I have to get rid of my source of food? How does this work y’all? Any advice?

Ok, the Facebook page seems to no longer exist, I had checked that one out earlier, however I’ll see if I can figure out how to contact the person who posted. Thank you again!

Your post doesn't give any details.
What are you saying? That your city is saying no one can own chickens at the moment?
Doesn't make much sense.

So, here we are still in the middle of this Covid19 thing. In the beginning there were no eggs to be found in the stores and now there is a meat shortage.... it makes sense to have a few chickens, as eggs are a wonderful source of nutrition. I can’t buy a Hamburger at a restaurant around here or beef at the store but the City Marshall tells me I have to get rid of my source of food? How does this work y’all? Any advice?
I'm a resident of Bossier looking to have a few chickens in the backyard as well

As I understand it, you can't have them in R-1 zones but since they've redone the zoning there are no R-1 Zones, there are R-LD (light density) R-MD (medium density) R-HD (high density)

Back
Top Bottom