Brahma Hens with no Feather Feet?

Artemis_Nix

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 3, 2011
BFE, Nevada
About 6 weeks ago I purchased 6 buff Brahma hens and a rooster, along with a few others. The rooster has some feathers on his feet but the hens have none whatsoever. They recently started laying and I was just wondering if they might get them later? Will their chicks have feather feet if the hens never get them?

Thanks,
Laura

About 6 weeks ago I purchased 6 buff Brahma hens and a rooster, along with a few others. The rooster has some feathers on his feet but the hens have none whatsoever. They recently started laying and I was just wondering if they might get them later? Will their chicks have feather feet if the hens never get them?

Thanks,
Laura
This question should of been asked before you purchased these chickens. The female will never get anymore feathers on their feet then they have at present. They sound like very poor quality hatchery fowl. Why not post a picture so we can see what you have ?

Nope, they came from a local bird farm. Unfortunately, pics are a little difficult right now as my husband is caring for them.... I had my hip replaced 4 weeks ago due to a riding accident, it's -12 outside and there's about 2 feet of icy snow on the ground
hmm.png
, I can't afford to fall on my butt right now! I guess I should have waited until I was able to take some. The breeder told me ahead of time that this batch hadn't gotten feathers and that she didn't know why, but mainly I was interested in getting eggs from them, (they are good layers, I'm getting an egg a day from each) I figured I could get a couple other's later if these were not a breeding option. Thanks for your response.

I have 2 Brahma hens from Meyer hatchery, one with feather feet, the other without feathers?
This thread is 8 years old, so you may not get an answer. You can start a thread of you own. If you do, take pictures to show what you have, and then people can give better advice.

Oh, and welcome to BYC! :welcome

Back
Top Bottom