Brahma or serama cockerel? Help me decide which one

The earliest mine began laying was about 4-5 months. If I want to break the broody ones, I keep removing eggs as soon as a hen parks herself on a nest and refuses to move. That normally is all it takes. Sometimes, I move a bucket to another area. I hope my answers will be useful to you. 😊

Your answers have been VERY thankful, thank you! I'm sure I'll have plenty more over the coming days😅

You’re very welcome. Seramas are really fun, and I’m happy you’ve chosen to raise them. You’re going to love it!!!! I’m here to help if I can. Keep me updated PLEASE!!!!

I definitely will! I'll probably keep updating as they grow as well, I just don't know if this will become the serama thread, or I make another, or if there already is a thread for all the serama peeps. I'm getting them some time during this weekend (so in like 3-4 days)! I'm shooting for three pullets and one cockerel, but we'll se what I get! I don't really care about the color, since I don't think we have color restrictions in the European SOP

I definitely will! I'll probably keep updating as they grow as well, I just don't know if this will become the serama thread, or I make another, or if there already is a thread for all the serama peeps. I'm getting them some time during this weekend (so in like 3-4 days)! I'm shooting for three pullets and one cockerel, but we'll se what I get! I don't really care about the color, since I don't think we have color restrictions in the European SOP
Post lots of pics! I’ll be following your journey for sure. I have my Mille Fleur d’Uccles hens and my Porcelain d’Anvers rooster with my Seramas and they do great together. At least for my little flock, this works. They were all hatched and raised together. Thought I’d mention this, if you ever consider placing yours with any other bantam breeds.

Post lots of pics! I’ll be following your journey for sure. I have my Mille Fleur d’Uccles hens and my Porcelain d’Anvers rooster with my Seramas and they do great together. At least for my little flock, this works. They were all hatched and raised together. Thought I’d mention this, if you ever consider placing yours with any other bantam breeds.

Thank you for mentioning this, because I have! I'll probably be keeping the best of the culled females for backup in case anything happens to the breeding females in with my mix breed bantam flock

I just got back from being in the states since the 23rd. My neighbor was watching my 9 bantams and I had just introduced the 5 seramas to my 4 older bantams for few days before we left. The two groups didn’t get along much at first but now get along great. I came home to a check from the June auction and was glad to get $33.60 for the 9 old English that I sold along with a cage. I couldn’t give away the 5 cockerels so I’m glad about that.

Now I’m thinking of setting the cochin or bantam Easter Egger cross eggs. I’ll probably take updated pictures on the 7th. Excited for you and your seramas!

I just got back from being in the states since the 23rd. My neighbor was watching my 9 bantams and I had just introduced the 5 seramas to my 4 older bantams for few days before we left. The two groups didn’t get along much at first but now get along great. I came home to a check from the June auction and was glad to get $33.60 for the 9 old English that I sold along with a cage. I couldn’t give away the 5 cockerels so I’m glad about that.

Now I’m thinking of setting the cochin or bantam Easter Egger cross eggs. I’ll probably take updated pictures on the 7th. Excited for you and your seramas!

Glad everything went well while you were away, and hope you had a nice time in the states! I'm really excited as well about the little guys! Best case scenario I'll get to evaluate all the birds and pick the best. Worst case scenario and more probable is that my birds will be the last left and I won't be able to make selections. Either way though, I'm really excited!

Really excited :D ! Managed to translate the SOP in English! Thinking of translating it to Greek as well, in case it makes more sense, but it was a whole lot of trouble translating it to one language so I don't know. After printing it, I'll be doing a LOT of studding!!!
What language was it in?

Back
Top Bottom