Breed information

TXchickmum

Crossing the Road
12 Years
Apr 21, 2012
North Texas
Is this a fantail pigeon? (We assume it is, but aren't sure) A neighbor found this sitting on the lower branch of her tree. -attempted to find the owner via local postings, but never did. We have been caring for it since around April/May. -hubby built a large flight cage which is in my daughter's room, but the bird stays out most of the day. (It bathes, daily, in a pie plate) -eats a seed blend formulated for pigeons/doves. -and, it is very attached to my daughter. -will follow her all around the house (never thought I'd see a bird walking through the house). Anyway, it has been a real joy! -so A) is it a fantail pigeon? B) do they "bond" to people? It clearly wants to stay close to her.

Attachments

• IMAG1354.jpg
    IMAG1354.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG1364.jpg
    IMAG1364.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG1220.jpg
    IMAG1220.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 22
Thanks! -and that answers that. -pigeon is perched on the desk next to my daughter right now. She's home "full time" from college in lieu of semester's end. He calls if she leaves the room, and will fly out to find her. -derndest thing I've ever seen. Anyway, it's entertaining. She takes the bird out to the chicken coop/run when she goes to feed the chickens, also. That's a hoot to watch. -bird on the shoulder and chickens at the feet. :lau

Back
Top Bottom