Breeding Buff Leghorns

Welcome Matt on this thread.

They look nice, were did you bought these Buffs? Are they from Keith Bjelland? He is is in the same place as you are Battle Ground

I got them from a guy named Aarron in PA, they're out of Curtis Oakes line.

I heard there was a guy with some really nice Buffs in my town (after I had these of course) but he apparently doesn't show so I never knew about it.

Hi there,

I would suggest to let them grow up to mature birds. At this time of his age birds are always a little weaker in the legs. Give them time to recuperate until they are mature. Then you can say with certainty that they have x legs
The bigger male is doing better with those legs. I just weighed him the other day and he was already 6 lbs 4 ounces.
ep.gif

He is only 5 months old... I will post some more pics in a couple of more weeks.

Here a few pictures of my F4 generation American type Buff Leghorn Bantam males.
I started a project with American type Buff Leghorn Bantams and Buff Dutch Bantams a few years ago to make my American type Buff Leghorn Bantams smaller.
I am on the right way now with 2 lines from that cross and I have 2 different males in F4 generation.

and the other one

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for reposting the article I wrote, it is hard to believe it was over two years ago. I was just looking over this years youngsters today,some later hatched birds are still immature and the cold temps slow them down too ,but they might be a few good ones among them. Dan Honour

Thanks for reposting the article I wrote, it is hard to believe it was over two years ago. I was just looking over this years youngsters today,some later hatched birds are still immature and the cold temps slow them down too ,but they might be a few good ones among them. Dan Honour
I don't have any Buff Leghorns but I admire the breed very much.

It really can slow them down, I haven't noticed this with other breeds as much, but I'd bet my Buffs aren't going to be at POL until they're 8 months due to being such a late hatch (July).

Back
Top Bottom