Breeding CRESTED DUCKS

People are people, and will respond according to their moral compass (among other things). Your question has been answered, and you have also been given some responses from very trusted members on here pointing out the ethical issues in your plan. At the end of the day it's your ducks (apologies, your family's ducks). They might be mating freely, but birds are not like mammals. You can very easily take away the eggs and eat them. Whether or not you decide to do that, it's on you

Exactly my thoughts and yes it's a lot of people thinking don't do it. But they are around and that's because it does work. And your also right ducks do pass in pretty much every clutch we do, so why is it so bad over the crested?
Posting this publicly. I checked the major hatcheries selling Cresteds, but only Metzer talks about breeding. Eggsnatcher’s link shows that Crested plus Crested equals a larger crest vs Crested plus Non. I don’t see how anyone would know that if so many died/had problems. Plus this breeder is a double whammy Crested Call duck breeder.

Attachments

• IMG_7624.png
    IMG_7624.png
    439.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom