Breeding dark egg with normal egg. What will you get?

acemario

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Northern Utah
I have a Black Copper Maran roo over various hens. What will happen if I incubate an egg from a white leghorn or a regular brown layer? What will the egg look like of this generation? Any ideas or pics would be helpful.

CHOCOLATE SWIRL!

Nah just having fun. It will fall in between most likely. It will likely be a darker egg than usual. However it is more difficult to get the real rich chocolate color than it is to get a pale cream egg. So still closer to the the lighter color.
The darker brown egg layers with a Maran roo will get a dark egg.

Sorry no pics. Wish ya the best.

Dark brown over light brown, you'd probably get a medium brown. I have no idea what you would get over white. If you have a blue layer, you could get olive eggers.

Ok... so over a light brown egg, we'd be looking at a medium brown egg (darker than an australorp, for example). Over a white egg, we have no real idea for sure... just somewhere between the dark and white... and over a blue layer, olive eggs. Is this all right?

Ok... so over a light brown egg, we'd be looking at a medium brown egg (darker than an australorp, for example). Over a white egg, we have no real idea for sure... just somewhere between the dark and white... and over a blue layer, olive eggs. Is this all right?

I believe so, yes.

Awesome! If anyone has pictures or knows of a thread with some, I would love to see some possible turnouts! :) ....Cue mad scientist laugh....
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom