BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Son: "Mom? What are all the eggs in this basket for?"

Me: "Those are the ones I'm planning to hatch."

Son: *pause* "I thought you said you were going to hatch six eggs?"

Me: "Yeah."

Son: "But there's twelve eggs."

Son: Looks at me accusingly.

Me: "I'm hatching six eggs...and six more eggs."

Son: Rolls his eyes, shakes his head, and stomps out of the room mumbling something that sounded suspiciously like, "My mother's gone insane".

cool.png

Son: Rolls his eyes, shakes his head, and stomps out of the room mumbling something that sounded suspiciously like, "My mother's gone insane". 

:cool:

:gig

My mom ordered 200 chicks last week, we got the hundred red rangers last week (local guy) and there's a hundred layers coming this week end, I don't think your son should be questioning your sanity. :lau

cool.png

Has he not heard of not counting chicks before they hatch? Not all eggs hatch, therefore just 6 eggs does not guarantee 6 chicks.. in the event not all of them hatch then that would make your statement of hatching 6 eggs a false one. Can't have that happening....

What a waste! 42 incubator spots and only filling 6? Why not hatch 6 sets of 6 with space in between! Her son will then go insane. Ha.

My favorite incubator holds 24 eggs comfortably, and yes, he went nuts when I filled every millimeter of space in my last hatch. He's just overwhelmed by the fact that I still have over 85 chickens here. Some people get it, some people don't. I think 12 is a very comfortable number, and like Kev said...you can't guarantee they'll all hatch. (Psst....they'll probably all hatch just because I'm expecting them not to.)

Back
Top Bottom