BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

That is so cool you had a roll cloud come through. they are so very rare.what a privilege you got to see it. we had one come through San Diego one time when I was visiting my mom. unfortunately it was gone by the time I got there that day and I only got to see it on the TV news. it's really a cool thing to see.

In like fashion, Matthew(named for the Hurricane) has hatched his first blue chick during Hurricane "Harvey". I will keep the name Harvey even if it's a pullet!
Matthew.jpg
20170828_Harvey.jpg
20170828_Harvey1.jpg
20170828_Harvey2.jpg
20170828_Harvey3.jpg

In like fashion, Matthew(named for the Hurricane) has hatched his first blue chick during Hurricane "Harvey". I will keep the name Harvey even if it's a pullet! View attachment 1122940

Poor Harvey has the gasping chick issue. So sad, I have lost two chicks in two years to this. I just have to wait and see. Some people say garlic water. Others say antibiotics. Nothing has righted this problem in the past. It just happens, and usually with my favorite chick of the hatch...only after posting though...sad.:barnie:hit:he

I have been away for a little while, had some health issues. During that time I had to cut back on all our farm animals as I was too sick to keep up with them all. So I am now turkeyless, and I sold a whole coop of hens with their rooster to a family down the road, I also sold all my 3-8 week old chicks.
What I have left are the Orpington crosses and a few Orpingtons for multi purpose birds.
I even castrated the ram lamb, no more lambs, & I am down to 4 sheep who's job it is to keep the pastures down so I don't have to mow them often.
It has been a VERY hot summer here in South central Florida and I have had to keep multiple fans on my birds. I only lost one to heat.
Anxious to catch up on this thread as it is my favorite.

I have been away for a little while, had some health issues. During that time I had to cut back on all our farm animals as I was too sick to keep up with them all. So I am now turkeyless, and I sold a whole coop of hens with their rooster to a family down the road, I also sold all my 3-8 week old chicks.
What I have left are the Orpington crosses and a few Orpingtons for multi purpose birds.
I even castrated the ram lamb, no more lambs, & I am down to 4 sheep who's job it is to keep the pastures down so I don't have to mow them often.
It has been a VERY hot summer here in South central Florida and I have had to keep multiple fans on my birds. I only lost one to heat.
Anxious to catch up on this thread as it is my favorite.
Welcome back. i hope you are feeling much better.
I am looking to place a small group of White Lace Red cornish. They are young, a group of five. I am not looking to utilize them. I swapped eggs with a breeder. Her husband mixed the eggs, so I know one is purebred, the others may be jubile patterned.
If you would like them, I'm in Valdosta. Not looking for money, just a good home.
20170827_180513.jpg
20170827_180524.jpg
20170827_180638.jpg
20170827_180719.jpg
20170827_180842.jpg
20170828_105156.jpg
20170828_105225.jpg

Welcome back. i hope you are feeling much better.
I am looking to place a small group of White Lace Red cornish. They are young, a group of five. I am not looking to utilize them. I swapped eggs with a breeder. Her husband mixed the eggs, so I know one is purebred, the others may be jubile patterned.
If you would like them, I'm in Valdosta. Not looking for money, just a good home.
View attachment 1127812 View attachment 1127813 View attachment 1127814 View attachment 1127815 View attachment 1127816 View attachment 1127817 View attachment 1127818

Thanks for the offer, but I need to keep things real small scale right now because of my health. They are lovely though. Thanks for the get well wishes.

Back
Top Bottom