Brooder heat (brinsea vs titan) opinions please

Leaguinea

Songster
Jun 22, 2017
SW Ontario, Canada
i am looking to buy a brooder heater, I have always used heat lamps but there is a constant fire worry and they are horrible at sucking up the electricity..
I am pricing brooder heaters; the brinsea looks good and I know that a lot of people recommend it but it is pricy, does anyone have any thoughts on the Titan lncubators Brooder Hen?? It seems to have ok reviews on Amazon. Just looking for opinions as it is half the price.

I have one and it works perfectly. Premier is another option - in fact, apart from different coloured plastic, they look identical to me.

What i like about the Titan, over the Brinsea (apart from cost) is that one can adjust the height of the plate in small increments. With the Brinsea, there are just two height settings.

I used the extra small one from Premier for my chicks this past spring. Very pleased with it and much less expensive than the Brinsea. Instead of buying the shield to keep chicks from hopping up on it and pooping on it, I just covered the top with Press N Seal. When it got poopy, I'd just pull it off and replace it with new.

Back
Top Bottom