BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Here is my weekend project. Brooder box made from some scrap wood, a couple of old screen frames, some 1/4x1/4 and 12x1/2 wire mesh, a piece of beadboard, and a couple of pieces of crown moulding on top. My husband thinks I'm crazy for the paint scheme, but I want our babies to have a rockin nursery. Haven't decided if I should paint the trim on top black or keep it white? What do you think?

[/IMG]

Here is my weekend project. Brooder box made from some scrap wood, a couple of old screen frames, some 1/4x1/4 and 12x1/2 wire mesh, a piece of beadboard, and a couple of pieces of crown moulding on top. My husband thinks I'm crazy for the paint scheme, but I want our babies to have a rockin nursery. Haven't decided if I should paint the trim on top black or keep it white? What do you think?
Oh, I plan to cover the sides and bottom when The chicks are new to maintain warmth. I live in South Alabama so we stay pretty warm...70 degrees yesterday 1/12.

White has a more farmish feel, to me ...

There's been so much worry over drafts that folks end up limiting air exchange too severely -- maybe the lower parts of the sides, or only a few of 'em, or just some fabric to block any winds.

Good lookin' setup ~'-)

Back
Top Bottom