BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Just picked up my chicks yesterday. I am very new to this so I hope I can get lots of tips from everyone. I have it split with three ducklings on the other side. As they get bigger I can slide the dividers out and make more room for everyone.

Just picked up my chicks yesterday. I am very new to this so I hope I can get lots of tips from everyone. I have it split with three ducklings on the other side. As they get bigger I can slide the dividers out and make more room for everyone.

Your current setup looks good! Just beware, they grow FAST!

Hello Younger. I'm new at this too. Waiting for my chicks to arrive next month. :)

OK Thanks
I have a full sheet of plywood but for now they are only using an eighth each. (other side shared with 3 ducklings. I have dividers in place so eventually the chickens will have half (4x4) and the ducks the other half.

Then they go out to the coop. ;)

Ours is very basic. The basement ceiling is low, so the light clamps on very easily to it. It's not shown in the photos, but we cover the plastic tub with two window screens (one on top of the other) to make it heavy enough they can't lift it off.

brooder2_.jpg

brooder_.jpg

EasterEggers_.jpg

Awwww! Easter eggers!
smile.png

I have chicks that look JUST like this but I was told they were red leghorns... I can't figure out what the heck they are.. so easter eggers huh?

Back
Top Bottom