BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

You are going to need quite a bit of space if you are going to keep them in a brooder for that long.  My biggest brooder is a 2 ft x 4 ft metal stock tank.  I currently have 11 four week old chicks in it and it is too small for them.  I've started putting them in a temporary outside pen for a few hours a day to give them room to play.  Today I will be cleaning out my outdoor brooder which is around 4 ft x 8 ft.  The chicks are almost feathered out and will be moved out there permanently within the week.  I have 20 more chicks that just hatched and we are planning on building a bigger brooder for them.  It is either build a bigger one or use more than one.  They are only a few days old but will outgrow their 1 1/2 ft x 3 ft brooder in the next 3-4 days.

I'm having such a problem with this. Can't have them in the house anymore . I had built my coops and lucky the layout allows me to put the little ones outside from the first sight of feathers. Weather here is only 60 and that's at night. Heat lamp doing it's job. So far they look like they have room 50 in an 2x4.can take divider out and make it 2.6 but it doesn't look like they need it yet. My problem is cleaning.

I wouldn't want to put them in seperate brooders or we might have issues when combing them all into the coop. I had another thought of stacking the open parts of the tubs on top of each other too if I needed more height. My hubby has to build the coop so will just make sure it is done by about 4-6 weeks :) 
yea I had to take out two from my flock. Three months together, no problem took them out for two weeks and now I can't put them back in. Brothers and sisters pick on them.

Got my first chicks ever today! Here's my brooder for now but they'll be mooching to a bigger one or on the screen porch in about 2 weeks.

Here's my brooder. I'm hoping it will last for a couple of weeks at least. I am in the process of building an outdoor brooder in my coop, it just isn't ready yet. It's a watermelon box from Wal-Mart. It was free!

I have 15 chicks in there. Can you find them?

They love my Premier heat plate!

It would be really nice to get two of these and connect them together. That would give me plenty of room for them to grow.

Here's my brooder. I'm hoping it will last for a couple of weeks at least. I am in the process of building an outdoor brooder in my coop, it just isn't ready yet. It's a watermelon box from Wal-Mart. It was free! I have 15 chicks in there. Can you find them? They love my Premier heat plate! It would be really nice to get two of these and connect them together. That would give me plenty of room for them to grow.
Wow that's awesome! Mines just an old box with duct tape on the outside holding it together lol. For now anyway. They'll be moving to a couple connected dog crates soon.

Here's my brooder it has a chick feeder,waterer,heat lamp,pine shavings,and roost bars in it and I haven't had one chick in it yet because we built it about 3 months ago and I would always use my dog crate for chicks. So I can't wait to get chicks,and actually I'm gonna get a few chicks at Tractor Supply Friday cause we have to get chicken food and I'm gonna get a couple ameracaunas for sure than see what else they have but wanted to share my brooder
jumpy.gif

Here's my brooder it has a chick feeder,waterer,heat lamp,pine shavings,and roost bars in it and I haven't had one chick in it yet because we built it about 3 months ago and I would always use my dog crate for chicks. So I can't wait to get chicks,and actually I'm gonna get a few chicks at Tractor Supply Friday cause we have to get chicken food and I'm gonna get a couple ameracaunas for sure than see what else they have but wanted to share my brooder:jumpy
Very very nice
Here is a pic of the coffin, I mean brooder, that my hubby made for me! Here are my guys and gals!
:lau Love them. The thing is how do you guys get it cleaned. My chicks get all shavings dirty and smelling with in days. I have an indoor birds cage I use and an outdoor brooder I made in the coop. Boy very comthoble yet hard to clean. Both

This is so easy. I just sweep all the shavings with a broom and dustpan. I can wipe any poop or anything off the brooder itself if I need to. Once I get it cleaned, I climb in and hang out with the babies!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom