BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Pics
Quote:
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

here is mine it is out of a crate i got on craigslist for $10 we added some vent holes. also the wire to the top. already had the lid just needed some hinges and the wire. it is over three and a half feet long. pretty big. how many chicks can i put in this?
shelley some of those babies are yours. camera shy thou.

it is in my basement and my dh is NOT impressed.

16501_brooder_1.jpg

16501_brooder_2.jpg

the shoe box is my infirmary. my little spraddle leg guy and his buddy. try to keep the other guys from smushing him.

I have been so impressed by all of the brooders and learned so much that I have been looking around the house for potential victims - the dog kennel that we are still using, the hope chest that holds only boots and shoes - but then finally I found it ....

P1070011.jpg

So this is the desk, (60" X 34") that my husband cannot stand and seems to gather stuff all over it and around it. He keeps threatening to chuck it!

I am going to remove the drawers, close in the back of the desk (screen or solid?)- then the entire front will be screened in where the drawers were, the center section would be the door and add a bottom. The grand plan would be that the brooder will have a tray(s) that I can slide out.

Am I totally nuts? OK so it would be a lot cheaper to buy a Rubbermaid container - but wouldn't this be deluxe?

Back
Top Bottom