BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

I threw this together today. it has chicken wire walls with insulator wrapped around it. the base is plastic and is removable for easy cleaning. Just need to put in bedding, feeder, water, and light before I pick up my chicks today. Excited!

This is this year's brooder ready and waiting for feed store chicks! I am hoping to have a better turn out than last year hatching under a broody mama. She hatched 5 sweet chicklets, but none of them made it. :(

This was last year's brooder with mama inside. Hopefully this year's improvements will prove efficient! :)

This is this year's brooder ready and waiting for feed store chicks! I am hoping to have a better turn out than last year hatching under a broody mama. She hatched 5 sweet chicklets, but none of them made it. :(

This was last year's brooder with mama inside. Hopefully this year's improvements will prove efficient! :)
Is that cedar shavings in last year's brooder? Stay away from cedar shavings. Good luck with your new peeps. :)

I bought 3 barred rock and 2 blue Andalusian chicks today as an impulse buy :) I was picking up feed for my layers and the chicks were too cute to pass up. Plus I want to add to my flock. I made a temporary brooder and will put something a bit bigger together soon. The farm store used wood pellets made for kitty litter and I love it! It's absorbent and the chicks can't get it everywhere!

I have eggs in the incy right now and have 3 different hatch dates. I was looking for some ideas on how to brood them in my bathroom until they are old enough and its warm enough for them to go outside. There are some great ideas on here. Thank you all for posting.

Back
Top Bottom