BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

It is the best i can do
That piece of screen is totally ineffective..... and could cause injury.
Same with those staples, bend over those sharp points.
Is that a radiant heat 'bulb'?
They can get really hot on the surface and don't radiate the heat very far.
Fully enclose that 'bulb' so it can't be touched and use a thermometer to gauge how much heat it is putting out and how far.

That piece of screen is totally ineffective..... and could cause injury.
Same with those staples, bend over those sharp points.
Is that a radiant heat 'bulb'?
They can get really hot on the surface and don't radiate the heat very far.
Fully enclose that 'bulb' so it can't be touched and use a thermometer to gauge how much heat it is putting out and how far.
The staples are bent back into the cardboard itself to no points sticking out!
It is a radiant heat bulb the temp is about 33-35 celsius!
The black thing is a thermometer
What can i use to enclose the bulb.?
Im only keeping the chicks one or two nights before is sell

Quote: Is it 33-35C where the thermometer(small black thing on floor of brooder) is?
If so, that should be fine if no drafts from anywhere can hit chicks.

Use more of that screen(provided that is metal screening) to form a cylinder(or box) with a closed end to keep anything from touching the 'bulb'.
Check temp on floor of brooder again after installing protective metal mesh as it may inhibit the radiating of heat.
Put your hand on mesh, if you can't hold you hand to it for at least 10 seconds, it could burn the chicks combs/beaks/feet.

Are chicks already sold and someone will pick up after all are hatched?

Is it 33-35C where the thermometer(small black thing on floor of brooder) is?
If so, that should be fine if no drafts from anywhere can hit chicks.

Use more of that screen(provided that is metal screening) to form a cylinder(or box) with a closed end to keep anything from touching the 'bulb'.
Check temp on floor of brooder again after installing protective metal mesh as it may inhibit the radiating of heat.
Put your hand on mesh, if you can't hold you hand to it for at least 10 seconds, it could burn the chicks combs/beaks/feet.

Are chicks already sold and someone will pick up after all are hatched?

No but i have a friend that will take them if need be! I have already tried holding mesh and i could hold onto it no probs! It wasn't that hot at all! I will try to make a box! Thanks

I think there's a lot of confusion here. That is a radiant heat bulb. There is no light and it actually does not get hot. I have used these forever and they do well and will not cause a fire should they fall. To each their own with safety precautions but these are not like regular heat lamps

I think there's a lot of confusion here. That is a radiant heat bulb. There is no light and it actually does not get hot. I have used these forever and they do well and will not cause a fire should they fall. To each their own with safety precautions but these are not like regular heat lamps
The radiant 'bulb' I had was hot as blazes on the surface.

Back
Top Bottom