BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Is it normal that for 15 minutes already they peck non-stop and dig with their feet (also put the bedding in the water).

It's funny to see haha, all together pecking and digging, but is it normal?

Is it normal that for 15 minutes already they peck non-stop and dig with their feet (also put the bedding in the water).

It's funny to see haha, all together pecking and digging, but is it normal?
Normal.
Put the feed and water up on something to raise it off the floor.
Got bigger space for them yet?
1584212814245.png

Better like this? I just made it quickly with some leftovers, so it's not that straight and such.

They have a lot more room now. And I already said to my wife, maybe a transparent box was not great for them. Now they can retreat in a corner or something. But I had to make a window, so my little girl can observe them! :) haha

Attachments

• brooder1.jpeg
    brooder1.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 62
  • brooder2.jpeg
    brooder2.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 63
  • brooder3.jpeg
    brooder3.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 57
Here is our brooder. It is a 35 gallon rubbermaid tub that cost about 8$ at Walmart. We did have a cover very similar to Jsto's cover a few posts up. We had 7 and it was great and very easy to clean. I kept them in my living room until they were about 5 weeks old, then they moved out into their house with a heat bulb of course.

Miscpics032.jpg

Miscpics030.jpg
Thats what im going to be using! :) i figured it would be easy to use the clip heaters. Im also going to be using pine shavings. How often do you change the shavings?

Thats what im going to be using! :) i figured it would be easy to use the clip heaters. Im also going to be using pine shavings. How often do you change the shavings?
@GinGia what are 'clip heaters'?
That post is 13 years old, and member hasn't been around for 6 years, so you won't likely get an answer from them.
Tote and heat lamps often not a good mix.

Back
Top Bottom