BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Pics
I posted my brooders in different places so thought I'd put them here too. They look the same but they're not. It's the same kind of box though.
wink.png

I went simple and near free.
big_smile.png

This is Chick-Chick's: Dell printer box, sheet protectors, newspaper, paper towels, feed bowl, waterer
chick.jpg

This is the "Cuties" brooder, same ingredients lol except for the paper towels. It doesn't show in this early pic but now they seem to like shredded newspaper and a towel in a ring for roosting on lol!
cc01.jpg

My husband just finished building our brooder/ second coop today. We will use it as a brooder when we have fuzzybutts but it will also work as a coop when we need to separate anyone out for any reason (or if I just keep buying more chickens and we need the room!). The back panel slides out completely for full access to the inside. The windows and the front have covers so that it can be opened up when used as a coop in hot weather or closed when we need to keep it heated well for babies.

Edited to add: Both the coop and the brooder were made almost entirely (had to purchase the wire) from scrap wood left over from when my husband built a playset for the kids. I love that we didn't have to go out and buy more wood to make these! Still have some left for other projects as well...

Our coop with the new brooder next to it:
DSCF0014.jpg

The brooder with all sides closed up:
DSCF0011.jpg

With the windows and front opened:
DSCF0016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice everyone!! where do you get the lamp holders that you can clamp onto the side of the brooders?? I've looked everywhere for them and never been able to find them.

I made mine over the holiday weekend. I'm no builder by any means, but I'm pretty proud of myself! All materials are recycled except the chicken wire which I already had - I still have to make the top.

mypics033.jpg

mypics036.jpg

The temps are in the 90's already during the day - the low's in the 70's - I put the lamp on them at night just in case.

Back
Top Bottom