BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

I'm still using my big plywood brooder, but need more space so I've gone over to using round stock tanks as well.

2012-03-20%252012.08.46.jpg

The square lid on the round tank is not the most efficient use of materials, but I have not yet come up with a way of making a round top that I like. This one keeps the birds safe, is easy to open, and allows for good ventilation.

There are fifty two White Leghorn chicks in there with this photo.

I made another brooder today. For my last set of chicks and ducklings I used an old guinea pig cage and wasnt thrilled with it. So I decided to make a new one. I use the tray that went to the other brooder and an old table and wrapped it in chicken wire I spray painted black. I made the bottom so I can lift a portion of the wire to pull the tray out to clean it. The top has half the wire secured and the other half so I can open it to reach in. I used zip ties to hold it all together. I will be adding roosts and something one end to keep drafts away. I have a few guinea eggs and 2 duck eggs due to hatch in 6 days .They will be the first to use the new brooder.

That was a Genius Idea for a Brooder. That would be good to make to have for an outside brooder for the days its nice enough to have them go outside for a bit when its not to cold or hot.

LOVE IT

I made another brooder today. For my last set of chicks and ducklings I used an old guinea pig cage and wasnt thrilled with it. So I decided to make a new one. I use the tray that went to the other brooder and an old table and wrapped it in chicken wire I spray painted black. I made the bottom so I can lift a portion of the wire to pull the tray out to clean it. The top has half the wire secured and the other half so I can open it to reach in. I used zip ties to hold it all together. I will be adding roosts and something one end to keep drafts away. I have a few guinea eggs and 2 duck eggs due to hatch in 6 days .They will be the first to use the new brooder.

showed this to hubby after I sent the post. He says if you still had the Glass that went on top of the table.. You could have turned it into a cofee table brooder. I was Like yeah that is great idea. I would soo do that. lol
deana

Back
Top Bottom