Broody blue star??

Ok, so I'm wondering if i could let my broody blue star sit, and get chicks from the feed store and give them to her, but would she sit an extra 2-3 days until i can get chicks? I'm only asking this because she is only 8 months old, and i thought blue stars weren't a broody breed, so i want to make sure she will continue to sit, and accept chicks from the feed store??

TIA!
How long has she been sitting so far? Weirdly enough, the only two hens that went broody at the farm were a Production Red & an ISA brown. 😂 The ISA was super hard to break, too!

How long has she been sitting so far? Weirdly enough, the only two hens that went broody at the farm were a Production Red & an ISA brown. 😂 The ISA was super hard to break, too!
I think 1-2 days, but she isn't always on her nest, so I'm not probably not gonna give her anything.......Isn't it weird?! I have had a super mean easter egger who would not let me or other chickens NEAR her nest, i think i might let her hatch next time she goes broody. The only time i hatched under a broody was when a lavender orpington hatched 1 chick and she pecked it's head open right after hatching :hit. We brought it inside and it ended up passing away the next day. The second time was a super sweet black australorp, who successfully hatched out 3 little chicks, and they are 12 wks old now.

But i hope to hatch with another broody hen soon!

I think 1-2 days, but she isn't always on her nest, so I'm not probably not gonna give her anything.......I have had a super mean easter egger who would not let me or other chickens NEAR her nest. The only time i hatched under a broody was when a lavender orpington hatched 1 chick and she pecked it's head open right after hatching :hit. We brought it inside and it ended up passing away the next day. The second time was a super sweet black australorp, who successfully hatched out 3 little chicks, and they are 12 wks old now. But i hope to hatch with another broody hen soon!
Best bet is to wait & see if she sits that long, and grab some chicks close to day 21! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom