Broody, Broody, who has a Broody

jimnjay

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Bryant Alabama
This is the inside of my Buff coop. There was another young pullet sitting but with all the traffic and egg swapping she decided her efforts were not needed. I have two Sizzles in another coop that are sitting as well. Who needs an incubator?

ceb15949a7cee4a4bd272f40f763fb68dd964a0.jpg

Man I wish I had all those broodies, right now I only have one broody Buff Orpington sitting on 12 eggs. It's her first time so I'm hoping all goes well. She was in the coop but I decided to give her special treatment and move her inside, so she's nice and warm
big_smile.png

Well I have 3 RIR broody momma's. 2 have hatched out 1 baby each and 1 is sitting on 4 cochin eggs.......don't laugh it beats sitting on a golf ball....
gig.gif

Well my mom's little red cochin hen started sitting, after a week or so her two whites desided they'd sit to (on little red's nest), then as of yesterday her jap hen has desided there weren't enough hens in the nest and she's sitting to. So we have 4 broodies all sitting on the same nest. I was going to get a pic today, but the whites were taking a break at the moment.

Jaynie I think I have you all beat on the broodies. I have 2 buff silkies, 3 blue silkies, 1 black silkie, 2 white silkies and 2 black Orps and one that has already hatched some and has chicks. I saw a little cute blue baby under one of the Blue silkies today. They all have a pile of eggs under them

Back
Top Bottom