Broody hen named Silly Sally

17 chickens

Crazy Chicken Math
Jul 11, 2016
Chattaroy Washington
I have around 500 birds now and growing everyday, I breed, sell egg's (both fertile and eating) and sell chicks and ducklings.
Silly Sally is a 3 year old hen who is a brown sexlink who has for the last 3 months been broody. She goes to all the nesting boxes and takes all the plastic eggs and moves then to her nest everyday and sits on them all day long. I take the eggs and move them back to all of the nesting boxes and she repeats the daily process of moving them back to her nest. I have tried taking her out placing her in the yard with lush green grass and she will turn tails and run back to her nest.
So last night I broke down and gave in to Silly Sally by placing her in her own brooder with those darn plastic eggs and today I gave her 6 little chicks from a recent incubator hatch and made her day!
She is out there snuggled and talking to her new little babies as a proud momma chicken could be and has no clue none of these babies will be anything like her, She will be raising a few polish, frizzles and a couple of silkies.
Silly Sally has an instant family of her own and I should of just gave in long ago and made her happy, So Happy late Mothers Day Silly Sally!

I have around 500 birds now and growing everyday, I breed, sell egg's (both fertile and eating) and sell chicks and ducklings.
Silly Sally is a 3 year old hen who is a brown sexlink who has for the last 3 months been broody. She goes to all the nesting boxes and takes all the plastic eggs and moves then to her nest everyday and sits on them all day long. I take the eggs and move them back to all of the nesting boxes and she repeats the daily process of moving them back to her nest. I have tried taking her out placing her in the yard with lush green grass and she will turn tails and run back to her nest.
So last night I broke down and gave in to Silly Sally by placing her in her own brooder with those darn plastic eggs and today I gave her 6 little chicks from a recent incubator hatch and made her day!
She is out there snuggled and talking to her new little babies as a proud momma chicken could be and has no clue none of these babies will be anything like her, She will be raising a few polish, frizzles and a couple of silkies.
Silly Sally has an instant family of her own and I should of just gave in long ago and made her happy, So Happy late Mothers Day Silly Sally!
That's just the sweetest thing ever!

Up date on Silly Sally...
So Silly Sally is loving be a mom so much I gave her 2 more kids to raise, It was such a nice day out today that I brought her and her 8 little kids out to play in the flower beds while working in the yard. She was teaching them what to eat and keeping a close eye on those little ones.
For Silly Sally and her babies life is good!:love

Back
Top Bottom