Brown spots on ear lobe, very concerned

Henny Penney

Songster
14 Years
May 2, 2008
wet side of WA, Olympic Peninsula
I’ve never seen this before, brown spots on white ear lobe. Looks like it’s turning brown, happened very quickly. Anyone know what it is? she is an OEG bantam.

Attachments

• ED01284C-10B1-4352-8D34-C35DEB1BD124.jpeg
    ED01284C-10B1-4352-8D34-C35DEB1BD124.jpeg
    487.3 KB · Views: 39
  • B8A3B699-C5A7-414B-A252-C4EE6F90435E.jpeg
    B8A3B699-C5A7-414B-A252-C4EE6F90435E.jpeg
    655.3 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the link.
So hoping it’s normal discoloration, not some scabby or fungus caused
Does any of it wipe off?

In the article, it mentions you can clean the earlobe, then apply a small amount of zinc oxide and oil. This probably helps to whiten the earlobe if you are showing a bird.

There's nothing that says you can't apply an anti-fungal cream to her earlobes if you are worried it's fungal. Athlete's foot cream, apply a thin layer a couple of times a week for a few weeks if you wish, see if that makes any difference. I don't see what it would hurt.

Does any of it wipe off?

In the article, it mentions you can clean the earlobe, then apply a small amount of zinc oxide and oil. This probably helps to whiten the earlobe if you are showing a bird.

There's nothing that says you can't apply an anti-fungal cream to her earlobes if you are worried it's fungal. Athlete's foot cream, apply a thin layer a couple of times a week for a few weeks if you wish, see if that makes any difference. I don't see what it would hurt.
I’ll try wiping it when I check her tonight, unfortunately she is not very tame and I can’t pick her up in the day time. It seems kind of raised, not really crusty, tx it as a possible fungal infection seems reasonable. I have read a lot of articles on line about ear lobe “issues” and nothing mentions this. White spots yes, brown spots no.

Back
Top Bottom