Buff Orpingtons from Murray McMurray

May 9, 2020
Clark County, KY
Years ago I Ordered some male Buff Orpingtons from there and received a pullet too. I kept her with my Leghorn pullets. Very nice tempered hen very pet like. She went broody often and therefore wasn’t the greatest layer, did let her hatch some once.
Have ordered a few Buff Orpington pullet chicks from there this time around too, hoping to get a broody hen or two.
Has anyone had those from there also and if so how well do they lay? Is frequent broodiness a trait of all of them?
I got a couple Orpingtons from Rural King 3 years ago and they were not the friendly temperament of the other bird. They were not even remotely decent layers nor did they go broody.
I was hoping with this order to get at least a couple that would be broody and hopefully between several of them that they would collectively lay moderately well.

I don't have Orpingtons in my flock because I'm specifically trying to avoid broodiness, and every Orp I've ever had in the past has been profoundly prone to it. IDK why your others weren't but I've gotten them from several farm supply stores plus a few from the Waxahachie Poultry Trade days and ended up frustrated and happy to give them away in the end.

I've ordered from McMurray for years, always pleased with the birds.
Yes, when I have ordered, I have ordered from there and have always been satisfied. I’ve found them to be a bit truer to form than most of what I get from wherever the farm stores get theirs from. For the most part I’ve been satisfied with those too with the exception of the Orpingtons and something else that was a mistaken identity.

Back
Top Bottom