Bunny gender confirmation please

Sara L

Free Ranging
5 Years
Aug 14, 2017
Northern California
Hi all, my bunnies are turning 6 weeks old on Saturday and I'd like some help confirming their genders. It's looks like 1 girl, 2 boys, and a questionable. They weren't too thrilled with the examination so I only got a peek for a few seconds.

Brown, looks like a girl
KIMG4509.JPG

Dark gray, looks like a boy
KIMG4518.JPG

Lighter gray, looks like a boy
KIMG4516.JPG

Lightest gray, this is the one I'm questioning. It looked like a slit, but the picture is confusing. Do you think boy? Girl? Another examination? Of course this is the one I was hoping would be a girl and planned to keep...
KIMG4513.JPG

Hi all, my bunnies are turning 6 weeks old on Saturday and I'd like some help confirming their genders. It's looks like 1 girl, 2 boys, and a questionable. They weren't too thrilled with the examination so I only got a peek for a few seconds.

Brown, looks like a girl
View attachment 1694544

View attachment 1694541

View attachment 1694542

Lightest gray, this is the one I'm questioning. It looked like a slit, but the picture is confusing. Do you think boy? Girl? Another examination? Of course this is the one I was hoping would be a girl and planned to keep...
View attachment 1694543

It looks like you’re correct. Check again in a couple weeks to make sure the sex change fairy didn’t visit those little does.

Check again in a couple weeks

Especially that last one - there appears to be a lot of space between the two openings. Having dealt with so many bucks with partial splits over the years, I find the shape of the opening useless once they are more than a few days old, and look for other clues instead (distance between the openings being one).

Brown, looks like a girl
View attachment 1694544

View attachment 1694541

View attachment 1694542

View attachment 1694543
Hate to be a desenter but looks more boy like to me.

I checked again last Friday and separated the bunnies into 2 cages. The two definite boys (dark and lighter gray) into one cage and the definite girl (brown) and questionable bunny (lightest gray) into the other. I'm going to try and look again tonight when I weigh them. Tomorrow they turn 8 weeks old.

Is anyone on here good with rabbit color genetics? I'm still learning and while there are several videos on YouTube explaining the genetic codes, I'm having trouble translating parts of it into real life rabbits.

The questionable bunny was a boy. All the gray ones turned out to be chinchilla coloring, the tan/cream color on their backs seems to have disappeared. Two had very white tummies and the third had more of a grayish tummy.

Back
Top Bottom