BYC Breeders Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent my name and info in too. I'm just starting this spring but if all goes as planned I should have a lot of extra chicks since I'll only be keeping the very best for line breeding each breed. The breeds I listed are SOP except for the Naked Necks and Brown Leghorns, but if I get lucky and acquire good base stock from a breeder this year they'll be SOP birds as well. I listed them anyway because of what sumi said above, that everyone might not be looking for SOP birds because they may just want them as pets or for eggs. So I figured it'd be good to let others know we're here in case they live nearby and might only want a few chicks of one of the breeds we have. That way they could just swing by and pick-up what they needed instead of having to order the minimums from the hatcheries.

Good idea on that! I had to bookmark this thread as it keeps getting buried on the other pages of this section.

Good idea on that! I had to bookmark this thread as it keeps getting buried on the other pages of this section.
Yeah I did that too. The subscription feature is great - glad we can do that. I don't know if you ever read the thread "Production, Eggs or Meat" but I was subscribed to that one for a while but it's so popular that I've had to read several pages to get caught up everytime I logged on, so I unsubscribed for the time being. For that one I figured I'd just query it when I want to see what's going on.

Breeders not including location is dumb when it's a big state like PA or CA. Why should I go to the trouble to contact them when they are hours away?

Hay Belly - I see your point - and agree on the surface - but there are many reasons not to zero in too closely to an address .... and frankly - I've driven over two states to get a quality bird or eggs not shipped - so my standard of how far I'll drive - let alone send out a simple inquiry - is much different than yours.

Remember people all have different set points - if yours is the time it takes to send a message if you then find out it is further than you want to drive - that is fine - but "dumb" is mean as well as showing a lack of understanding of the world and is that same closing in of outlook that doesn't allow for differences of opinions and other things - so be a little more relaxed about others - I'm sure with some research you will find a breeder in your circle of opportunity - just perhaps not online ???

Good luck finding your target birds.

Our directory is growing slowly but surely! Thank you to everyone that submitted their info so far :) Any new breeders that would like to be added, please fill in your details on the form linked HERE and we will add you as soon as possible.

Our directory is growing slowly but surely! Thank you to everyone that submitted their info so far :) Any new breeders that would like to be added, please fill in your details on the form linked HERE and we will add you as soon as possible.

What's the best way to update our listing? Use the form? Message you? My breeding situation has matured. :)

What's the best way to update our listing? Use the form? Message you? My breeding situation has matured. :)
If you want to update your listing, send me a private message, please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom