BYC Café

Not interested in Shades of Grey here either. I would be talked into some coffee with a side dish of chocolate something though
droolin.gif

Krista, you hit a kangaroo with your car? You don't hear that very often. How tall are they? I don't think I've hit anything bigger than a rabbit.

Yes, it's actually very common. They tend to jump out onto major highways during dusk and dawn, and when you hit them it causes thousands of dollars damage to your car. I've heard in the past of some that got hit so hard they actually burst through the windscreen of the car and scratched up the drivers pretty good. On most of our major highways you will see a dead roo or two. Wallabies too. And if you're out bush a bit, the wombats are a tad pesky on the roads too.

- Krista

Took the family to Temecula, CA for the day. They have a nice open air market. Got some flowers, and eggs (cause my chickens are still on strike). Then ate kebabs in the park and chased my little girl in the grass. My wife is going to grow fodder for the chickens, so we went to Lowes and got son lumber to build a shelf for the sprouting grains, and while I was at it I got some dowel rods and lumber to build a roost. My girls have liked nothing I've built for them for roosting, and i almost gave up thinking they just don't want to do it. Left my shovel laid down in the run one day and when I came back they wet lined up on it. So now I feel like a bad chicken farmer
1f612.png
. Followed that with an inspection of my beehive.

Good day. Warm too. It was probly 80F.

"Shades of Gray" - no interest whatsoever. Reviews across the board (not that they are always on the money) have been poor.

Agreed. I bought the three books and can say with all honestly that they are the only books I have ever physically thrown in the bin.

I felt they were so poorly written and sent such a bad message that I couldn't even finish the first book. I couldn't be less interested in seeing the movie.

That being said, to anyone who did see it and enjoyed it, I'm glad you did. It's just not my cup of tea.

- Krista

Took the family to Temecula, CA for the day. They have a nice open air market. Got some flowers, and eggs (cause my chickens are still on strike). Then ate kebabs in the park and chased my little girl in the grass. My wife is going to grow fodder for the chickens, so we went to Lowes and got son lumber to build a shelf for the sprouting grains, and while I was at it I got some dowel rods and lumber to build a roost. My girls have liked nothing I've built for them for roosting, and i almost gave up thinking they just don't want to do it. Left my shovel laid down in the run one day and when I came back they wet lined up on it. So now I feel like a bad chicken farmer
1f612.png
. Followed that with an inspection of my beehive.

Good day. Warm too. It was probly 80F.
Sounds like you have a very nice day....the 80F sounds wonderful. I used 1 x 4's for my roost and have had no problem. I sanded the edges a bit and painted them. Put a little sand in the paint to give it a little roughness so it wouldn't be too slick. A lot of folks use 2 x 4's. Ummm, haven't grown any fodder in a while...I'll have to start some tomorrow.

Yes, it's actually very common. They tend to jump out onto major highways during dusk and dawn, and when you hit them it causes thousands of dollars damage to your car. I've heard in the past of some that got hit so hard they actually burst through the windscreen of the car and scratched up the drivers pretty good. On most of our major highways you will see a dead roo or two. Wallabies too. And if you're out bush a bit, the wombats are a tad pesky on the roads too.

- Krista
We have a big problem with deer here. My SIL rounded a curve a few years back and hit a small herd of 5 deer standing in the road. Luckily for him, he was in a large truck...unlucky for the deer though.

Back
Top Bottom