BYC Café

Hmm. Scott must be a fireman   - 450 ft. of hose -                             

If Scott were a fireman, he'd know that a ladder would fall over if you try to drag a hose over it. If you make sure that there are no kinks or other obstructions, you can use your shoulder - just walk from one end to the other, lifting the hose over your shoulder as you go. Go relatively slowly, and repeat a time or two. That should get the job done!

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, I know, you're flirting with Scott - but I try so hard to keep things family friendly.
wink.png

But seriously, keeping the hose on the ground and moving the high point (my shoulder) has proven more effective for me because even one of those cheap "Insta-kink" hoses won't have a problem with either restricted air or water flow. If you stand still and drag the hose to you, you have hose piling up on the ground at your feet - which can kink.

Bunny (who has been a professional gardener, but doesn't dig kinky hoses).

Last edited:
Haha woah. Duck chick you don't want to know what my auto correct just corrected duck to....that was NOT family friendly!

I can't wait til next week if the weather man doesn't lie. Supposed to cool off a bit. BELOW 90 WHOO

Hmm. Scott must be a fireman - 450 ft. of hose -

Several critter pens that are more then 50ft from a spigot. I am planing to dig in water lines to most pens that need them, and the garden also.
Freeze proof will be the spigot of choice this go-around.

I have two installed now and working on more

Scott (who is da*n tired of draining hoses)

Edit to add the pic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom