BYC Café

Does anyone know much about the Lapphund?

Swedish or Finnish? :p

But they're supposed to be good dogs, friendly and of course cute. Herding dogs, I think used to herd reindeer haha also why they're fluffier, I imagine to stay warm.

Besides that, I don't really know much.

Knew someone online who had one once but being online, never met him. But he seemed like a great dog, lovable etc.

I think they're somewhat hard to find though?

Swedish or Finnish? :p

But they're supposed to be good dogs, friendly and of course cute. Herding dogs, I think used to herd reindeer haha also why they're fluffier, I imagine to stay warm.

Besides that, I don't really know much.

Knew someone online who had one once but being online, never met him. But he seemed like a great dog, lovable etc.

I think they're somewhat hard to find though?
I would really like the Swedish but can't find a breeder anywhere in Canada. There's a Finnish breeder right near me. No idea what she's charging for a pup though. Probably at least $800. and yup, they reindeer herd dogs :)

I wonder how'd they be protecting the flock. lol probably try to herd them back to the coop if they were out free ranging.

I've already decided that when I get a dog its name is going to be Bingo. (Farmer-Brown is actually my real last name).

I would really like the Swedish but can't find a breeder anywhere in Canada. There's a Finnish breeder right near me. No idea what she's charging for a pup though. Probably at least $800. and yup, they reindeer herd dogs :)

I wonder how'd they be protecting the flock. lol probably try to herd them back to the coop if they were out free ranging.

I've already decided that when I get a dog its name is going to be Bingo. (Farmer-Brown is actually my real last name).

I think both would be awesome!! :)

But yeah, sorry I don't really know much beyond Google lol

But yeah, I don't think they'd really be a guardian type, more try to herd them back probably. But maybe they'd be a bit calmer than most of the herding breeds? And/or more all purpose? So it might be possible. And even if they don't officially guard, I think they could definitely be taught to leave them alone

And oh wow really!?

lol. really. My maiden name is Farmer and I married a Brown so I just had to do it. I like giving people a good chuckle, or at least a smile. I did have one person tell me when I was applying for a membership at our local co-op that I was providing a fake name. :p

LOL that is awesome!

p.s. it's 2:30 in the morning there. what are you doing up young lady???! jk

Well I was watching Netflix then I decided to go bed "early" at 2 instead of 3 or 3:30 but then I got distracted by my phone and this site, had to go to the bathroom, reading some old papers I found, etc lol and well now it's almost 3 anyway

so, it's 12:30 here and the alarm goes off at 6:30, so I better get my butt to bed. Enjoy the rest of your night Kelsey :)

Probably a good idea! And thanks! :)

Should probably sleep soon too lol

Good morning Cafe! Wakey, wakey it's time for coffee (or tea)!
smiley mug.gif

Our golf course is closed for the season and the club house is cleaned, ready for next season so today is a play day. A bunch of us employees are getting together to play golf and have a pizza lunch to celebrate the end of a good season.

Hope you all have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom