BYC Café

Maybe just give it up and let it grow up......or plant some 'wetland' plants there?
The area is too large to make into a bog garden.
My neighbor wants to dig out the moat again. It's filled in a lot since it was originally dug. I just think it will make a huge muddy mess of the lawn. I'll have to think about it.

Our furnaces have been running a bit though not much the last week. Going to get colder, low tonight about 49°F, high tomorrow 57°F then 43°F and 50°F for a high on Monday. Still haven't started the woodstove.
I ran the mini split heat pump for an hour Wednesday morning. It did not spike the electrical usage for the day either

The area is too large to make into a bog garden.
My neighbor wants to dig out the moat again. It's filled in a lot since it was originally dug. I just think it will make a huge muddy mess of the lawn. I'll have to think about it.
Was the 'moat' dug to drain the surrounding boggy land or.....??
Is it on the property line?

It's about as far from accessible by the car as it could get. It will have to be manually pushed out.
LONG rope? How far is the tractor (I am assuming garden tractor? Mine is easy to get stuck) from somewhere you could put the car? I'm guessing it wouldn't take a lot of pull with the car to get it moving.

I do have a winch on my GT for the snowblower. Damaged the winch 2 years ago when the cable parted so had to replace it, slightly different model number. The difference is there is about 4' of cable instead of 50'. Good change since the cable only needs to pull a couple of inches to lift the blower. But then if I needed to "self rescue" I'd have to get the remains of the cable from the old winch and replace the short one temporarily.

Was the 'moat' dug to drain the surrounding boggy land or.....??
Is it on the property line?
It runs along the back of the property to drain what comes down from the pond above us. Its very boggy on part of our land. It would be a good place to put a small pond.

LONG rope? How far is the tractor (I am assuming garden tractor? Mine is easy to get stuck) from somewhere you could put the car? I'm guessing it wouldn't take a lot of pull with the car to get it moving.
It's just not in a good spot to pull out with the car. I usually can push it out on my own. I think with two guys that know how to push it with me, I'll get it out. If not, I'll have the neighbor come over with the front end loader and pull it out. And then spend the rest of the day fixing the lawn.

Back
Top Bottom