BYC Café

Our morning walk was cut way short. They are working on the road near us. Recently, they've cut BIG ditches at the sides of the road. They cut through some big tree roots in doing so. I'm crossing my fingers that the trees don't come down in a stiff wind this winter.

If they fall to the south across the road, it'll probably take all the neighbors to clear it. We have: (2) experienced woodsmen (DH among them); someone with a big diesel truck; someone with a Kubota tractor, including a front bucket; our Falcon plow; and our Jeep. We could get that thing cut up and moved before the county would be able to schedule us.

Hmmmm... where it would fall is not on "our" part of the road, ie, where the county does not plow or maintain. So maybe we'd have to wait for them to come out since it's on "their" part of the road. That could take a while. They are never in a big hurry to plow the road in the winter. Sometimes the farmer "down the way" will plow us out first.

Licenses for raising wild rabbits are not granted.
If you breed and raise them, they aren't wild ;)

Hmmmm... where it would fall is not on "our" part of the road, ie, where the county does not plow or maintain. So maybe we'd have to wait for them to come out since it's on "their" part of the road. That could take a while. They are never in a big hurry to plow the road in the winter. Sometimes the farmer "down the way" will plow us out first.
If said trees drop in that area and someone cuts them up and moves the evidence, the county will never know they fell, right? And you can use the road a month earlier, right? And potentially someone has firewood for winter 2024-25.

If you breed and raise them, they aren't wild ;)

If said trees drop in that area and someone cuts them up and moves the evidence, the county will never know they fell, right? And you can use the road a month earlier, right? And potentially someone has firewood for winter 2024-25.
I raised some wild rabbits that were in a backyard nest. The family dog would not leave them alone, so I took them. They were very flighty, even though they still had their eyes closed when I started feeding them. They were never tame.

Back
Top Bottom