Pics

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Dec 12, 2013
KY
@fluffycrow

Come say hello to @fluffycrow who comes to us from Greece and has been a member since January 2023.

1. Tell us a bit more about yourself. And is there a story behind your member name?
Not really. I've always really appreciated a rooster's crow. As for the fluffy part, I like fluffy things. At the time of making my account that didn't apply to chickens, but BYC has definitely converted me...to a degree.

2. Why and when did you start keeping poultry?
I've always loved animals. On the property the early stages of a chicken coop were left behind by my Great-grandfather. One day I decided "what the heck". The rest is history. It's almost been 12 years now.

3. Which aspects of poultry keeping do you enjoy the most?
For at least 7 years I desperately wanted to get a broody. This year, my gorgeous girl Cruella, a member of my first ever bantam flock, went broody, and in her second try, hatched three chicks.
Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 9.20.04 AM.png

The other thing that gets me as excited, is breeding. More specifically, evaluating each bird I have, and coming up with a breeding that would result in even "better" (conformationaly of course) birds. Up until very recently, I was only able to do the evaluation part, but now I'm excited to see what the future holds.

4. Which members of your flock, past and present, stand out for you and why?
In the first flock, there was an ISA brown pullet that would fly in your lap, and spread her wings, almost hugging you. Second bird was from the first ever flock I raised from relatively young chicks. Then we have the first aseel brothers. Once they started growing, something wasn't totally right with them...they were aseel, as we came to find out later. Now let's take a 5 year leap, and we come to the first bird to actually get a name. Koutsi. She was my "disabled" hen, and passed during this summer.
Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 9.22.08 AM.png

Cue to the second pair of aseel brothers, Koutsos and Big Red. Oh boy, those are the first birds I can truly say I opened up to. Big Red is still with us, Koutsos was given away.
Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 9.23.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 9.24.14 AM.png

Got 4 serama during the end if this summer. I'm completely in love with the breed, I can confidently say that every single one is a fav. Around the same time, I hatched my first ever chicks on the property. One was pretty early, and yeah I got attached. Meet Heartbreak-her.
Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 9.25.18 AM.png

Last but most definitely most least, we have my favorite bird, Cruella. This sparrow×3 hates my guts, but I love her to bits. She could do the most stupid thing, and I'd be convinced she had a plan, and said stupid thing was just part of that plan.

5. What was the funniest poultry related thing that has happened to you in your years as an owner?
What was the funniest poultry related thing that has happened to you in your years as an owner? Hmm. I have two. Can't decide which is funnier to me. When the latest aseel brothers were young, Big Red would catch every mosquitoe that flew by. One day I got annoyed by those flying demons, I picked up Big Red, and waved him around, he catched all the flying mosquitoes. It kind of reminds me of a child holding a toy plane, and making it fly around. Yup, I was doing that with an aseel chick. Hence a tradition was born. Every day, he'd look up at me, I'd pick him up, and he'd go to town. Second story has to do with my serama cockerel, Lady Gaga. Serama have long tails. One day Lady Gaga realised that something was behind him. It was his tail. He spent the next two seconds spinning around trying to catch his tail, just like a dog.
Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 9.27.38 AM.png

6. Beside poultry, what other pets do you keep?
Currently, an aquarium filled with snails, two amano shrimp, and a betta. I also have a dog.

7. Anything you'd like to add?
Thank you to BYC, would be one thing. This community is diverse, just like our chickens. Chicken people are just a tad crazy, I think we can all agree. Crazy mixed with random subjects lead to hilarious conversations. There's a lot of fun to be had on the random ramblings threads. Thank you BYC and everyone involved in making it work, you guys rock!

@fluffycrow

For more information about the interview feature and a complete list of member interviews:
introducing-vip-member-interviews

@fluffycrow What a wonderful interview, your flock is gorgeous! 💖 Love that Lady Gaga, he will knock your socks off with his beauty. ❤ Big Reds eyes are so full of soul and curiosity. 👀 💞 And best of all, the queen Cruella and her little stars... :love What a joy a broody brings!

Thanks for sharing yourself with us Fluffy! :hugs

@fluffycrow What a wonderful interview, your flock is gorgeous! 💖 Love that Lady Gaga, he will knock your socks off with his beauty. ❤ Big Reds eyes are so full of soul and curiosity. 👀 💞 And best of all, the queen Cruella and her little stars... :love What a joy a broody brings!

Thanks for sharing yourself with us Fluffy! :hugs

Thanks TwoCrows! You've been wanting updated pictures of the bitties for some time. Here you go:p. A boy and a girl. Her second girl unfortunately has passed
20231027_125742.jpg

Back
Top Bottom