Ended BYC's 15th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along—2024—Holiday Sweets Photo Contest

I thought I might try entering this one even though I'm not generally a dessert person, so this was practically my first time trying to make food look "pretty." And so . . .

Good gravy, you couldn't pay me to post a picture of my dessert here. Tastes great, but it looks like a preschooler made it right before tripping over something and falling into it, and then rolling around in it for good measure. I have a newfound respect for the talent of everyone entering this contest - beautiful job, guys!
Could you please give me a picture of it? I promise not to laugh.

Aww, they look fine! 😍
Too kind, thank you 😊
I thought I might try entering this one even though I'm not generally a dessert person, so this was practically my first time trying to make food look "pretty." And so . . .

Good gravy, you couldn't pay me to post a picture of my dessert here. Tastes great, but it looks like a preschooler made it right before tripping over something and falling into it, and then rolling around in it for good measure. I have a newfound respect for the talent of everyone entering this contest - beautiful job, guys!
can’t be worse than my sloppy sugar cookies 😬 I agree with you, some people are sooo talented and make things look so good. Not my strong suit, either, but it’s fun to try 🤣

Could you please give me a picture of it? I promise not to laugh.
I wish I could, but I'm too cowardly; it's that embarrassing. I actually texted a picture of it to my mother, and I wound up calling her later and brought up the picture.
Her reply: "Oh, I never responded to your text because I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

If my mother, a woman who managed to compliment my atrocious fashion sense all through my middle school years, couldn't find it in her to even comment on my poor dessert, then I'm definitely not willing to inflict it on other people's poor, unsuspecting eyes!

I wish I could, but I'm too cowardly; it's that embarrassing. I actually texted a picture of it to my mother, and I wound up calling her later and brought up the picture.
Her reply: "Oh, I never responded to your text because I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

If my mother, a woman who managed to compliment my atrocious fashion sense all through my middle school years, couldn't find it in her to even comment on my poor dessert, then I'm definitely not willing to inflict it on other people's poor, unsuspecting eyes!
Please? You can post it on my profile. I will not laugh. I’m very good at that.

Not the prettiest but entry 3

Brandy snaps, chocolate covered peanut butter balls, chocolate covered pretzels.
IMG_20231224_192310836.jpg

CrazyHomelyLadybird-size_restricted.gif

Just a friendly reminder to get those last-minute entries in! This contest ends tomorrow, January 2nd, 2024, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.​

Back
Top Bottom