Cackle Hatchery Old English?

DixieboySC

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2018
I was looking at Cackle Hatchery Standard Old English Game Fowl the Birchen, Blues, and Brown Reds have anyone ever brought from them I'm trying to get into OEG and I want to try them out are any of them good or they all are bad I been looking at their pics the ones with them in their flock and they look like the real deal I heard they use to be good but what about now

Last edited:
Welcome! My experiences ordering other breeds from Cackle have been excellent, although I have no idea about the games. Ask on the breed threads that you are interested in.
Generally hatchery stock isn't up to show quality standards. The birds I have ordered from them have been nice quality though, and I'm not showing.
Mary

Welcome! My experiences ordering other breeds from Cackle have been excellent, although I have no idea about the games. Ask on the breed threads that you are interested in.
Generally hatchery stock isn't up to show quality standards. The birds I have ordered from them have been nice quality though, and I'm not showing.
Mary[/QUOT

Thanks but I think I changed my mind

My experience with them was that their sexing is a joke. When I ordered pullets, I only got about 75% accuracy. Out of 10 straight run, only two were females. Trying to get my refund on the pullets was as painful as giving birth. The birds I got were healthy and vibrant though.

I've not ordered large breed Old English from them but I have ordered bantam Old English. Type and color was good, but they were a little big.

I was looking at Cackle Hatchery Standard Old English Game Fowl the Birchen, Blues, and Brown Reds have anyone ever brought from them I'm trying to get into OEG and I want to try them out are any of them good or they all are bad I been looking at their pics the ones with them in their flock and they look like the real deal I heard they use to be good but what about now
Did you by any chance place that order with cackle hatchery? I just placed an order for 25 of their surplus old English game and I’m wondering if the breed was as it supposed to be?

Back
Top Bottom