Cackle Hatchery reviews

Pics
You should take it to heart ANY time birds are sent with obvious illness and the hatchery gets super secretive and caught in lies. I'm sure loads of people have gotten good birds with no issues with CH. Happy for them! In my case I got plenty of sick birds and one severely deformed. Try not taking it to heart when it happens to you and you get nothing but the run around from the hatchery. You'd be clucking a different tune.

Well hopefully the Lamb leads you to a better hatchery- me, I'll be making my 4th order with them towards the end of April. Never had a problem- don't anticipate ever doing so.

I just got some beautiful, healthy, super playful and active BA chicks from Cackle via my farm supply. They are grrrreat! All the many chicks in the store brooder looked very good. I'm also getting some Cackle EEs in mid April, and I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
My order of 300 chicks will be coming by the end of the week. I've never had an issue with Cackle, so placed my order with confidence. I'll let everyone know my results.

With all the negative posts the past year I'm thinking that they would get something right and improve. So glad things have gone well for you.

I recieved some Cornish cross (not shown) and Crested Top Hat mixes from Cackle...VERY PLEASED...1 did pass, I ordered 15 and they sent 16...I gave some to my librarian because I ordered the wrong chicks..(Meant to order silkies, didn't want to pay the extra to redo the order) They are SUPER CUTE...My how fast cornish grow..They are 2 weeks and 3 days old...WIll definitly order from them again...I'm missing a pic of my little white one....But he/she is just as cute...

Last edited:
We just got our first order ever from them and we were very pleased. They have small order pullet specials for city dwellers and they sent us a perfect assortment. The chicks were healthy and happy and we were very pleased with the variety we got. I recommend them highly.

Most of my chickens are from Cackle and out of 76 ordered (I got a bonus chick one time) I have only lost three within the first week or so, which I don't consider bad. I am very happy with them. However, on my first order of 50 from them, I specifically ordered 5 Australorp Cockerels that I hoped to use for breeding. Not only did I not get an accidental roo from the other 45, the 5 boys I ordered ended up also being girls. I am sure that mistake rarely happens! However, I do know now that it is reasonably easy to get a hold of roosters, so getting five girls for the price of five boys wasn't a bad deal at all!

One of the local farm supplies I shop at is family owned, and the owner told me that over the years they've only lost two chicks in the Cackle shipments.

Back
Top Bottom