Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
I always used rubbernaid containers for brooders. Easiest set up! I usually cut out a portion of the lid and attach chicken wire or netting to it. Then I hang a light above the box. Super easy to make, cheap, and you can add more as needed. Great for waterfowl because they are easy to clean.

I usually set these up in my garage. Also forgot to mention that water troughs make great brooders as well. The tricky part is just making a lid to cover it.

Here is a our main starting brooder. We have several large Rubbermaids for extra brooding space when needed--I just prefer the built ones because I trust them to be more secure--those are 50 lb highly-predatory Siberian Huskies on top. The brooder can be divided for when there are fewer chicks or different ages and/or species. The top board also comes off revealing more hardware cloth for extra ventilation.

Has anyone received a surprise package recently? What'd you get? I'm seriously considering ordering one! It'd be like being a 6 year old on Christmas morning all over again!

Mine came today! Two ducks, no turkeys - help with IDs is greatly appreciated! Only one chick not looking great, but we'll see.

[/IMG]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom