Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
Mine came today! Two ducks, no turkeys - help with IDs is greatly appreciated! Only one chick not looking great, but we'll see.

I think your ducks look like Rouen and Pekin.

It's hard to say with the chicks. From above they look like a bunch of EEs and Black Stars, but they could easily be a mix of Jersey Giant, Australorps, Cochins... just can't say.

ETA:
The light red ones with racing stripes could be some variety of sex-link--on the Cackle page it looks like they have several varieties of Red Sex-Links.

Last edited:
My husband bought two hatchery suprise orders now to wait and see what we get. Love the variety that I've seen in those who have recieved babies, I'm praying they have a safe arrival. Our babies ship out 03/04 Monday of next week! I can't wait to see what we get.

Mine shipped out today! Now to see when they arrive. I called the P.O to let them know I was expecting babies in and to call at any time! The countdown begins!

I ordered the Hatchery Surprise too. It was shipped out yesterday...I am anxiously awaiting a call from the post office. :)

Just got back from the post office...my hatchery surprise came in! There are 2 turkeys (either bronze or narragansett), 2 ducks (but 1 was doa), and 38 chicks (1 doa). I will post pics tomorrow. Will definitely need help identifying. Does anyone know how to tell bronze and narragansett turkeys apart?

Mine was shipped out yesterday as well I'm so excited hearing what you got! So exciting! Mine should be here in the early morning.

Back
Top Bottom