Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
Mine arrived this morning! They sent 2 ducks, 8 turkeys and 32 chicks. One of the turkeys and one of the chicks didn't make it. Everything else looks pretty healthy. Looks like they sent everything in pairs! Of what I can ID:

4 white or royal palm turkeys (I don't know how to tell them apart, but my guess is they're whites)
4 (1 died) bronze or narragansett turkeys (again, my guess is the bronze)

2 pekin ducks

2 buttercups (1 died)
2 golden laced polish
2 white cochin
2 buff cochin

The rest are pretty generic looking. There are no silkies, but a couple of bantams.

I did the math - 2 pekin ducks, 4 white turkeys and 4 bronze turkeys alone cost $54.50, before shipping.

I'm thinking I like this assortment!

Oh my gosh, that sounds wonderful!

Oh my gosh, that sounds wonderful!
I wrote in the comments section of my online order that I would rather not get any cornish cross and that I wanted my shipping date to be in March after they start hatching turkeys. Guess they took that to mean I really wanted turkeys!
lau.gif
What am I going to be with 7 turkeys?!

I wrote in the comments section of my online order that I would rather not get any cornish cross and that I wanted my shipping date to be in March after they start hatching turkeys. Guess they took that to mean I really wanted turkeys!
lau.gif
What am I going to be with 7 turkeys?!
SC: I have to enjoy the 'surprise' through you folks...I think you make out like a bandit....yes seven turkeys is over the top, but if you sell a few, you'd be way ahead of the cost curve....post back when you figure out the rest of chick situation...(I think the buttercups are the bomb)...Congrats

SewChaos-You might have already posted but when did you originally order your surprise? I put my order in on Sunday (3-10-13) and I'm wondering how long it took you to hear back and then recieve your order? (They said up to 10 days when I placed it but I've been checking my email 10x a day because I'm so excited!
wee.gif
I put on comments that 'I love bantams and easter egger...The only thing is I'm not sure I'd know them from the others when they come in!

I ordered back in December, before they were processing orders. I had to call in January to make sure everything was okay, and it wasn't - I goofed when I entered the exp. date on my card, so my order got set to the side. You could easily call and ask. They were pretty nice on the phone.

SewChaos-You might have already posted but when did you originally order your surprise? I put my order in on Sunday (3-10-13) and I'm wondering how long it took you to hear back and then recieve your order? (They said up to 10 days when I placed it but I've been checking my email 10x a day because I'm so excited!
wee.gif
I put on comments that 'I love bantams and easter egger...The only thing is I'm not sure I'd know them from the others when they come in!

Did you get the automatic email that they received your order immediately after ordering? My first attempt to order wasn't completed (I forgot to hit a second "submit" button or something).

I did recieve an email from them after I placed the order. I've been telling my kids it will probably be a month before they come in...I just keep crossing my fingers it doesn't! I can't wait to see what we get!

I called today to check on my order and I should have gotten an email on the 13th (I didn't, so I'm glad I called). They are going to send them out on Wenesday the 20th and said they should be here Friday. I am so nervous that they won't get here when they should! I'm going to wait until Monday and call the post office to make sure they have all of my info. I went from excited to nervous with one phone call!

Back
Top Bottom