Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
Looks like blue turkeys to me. Turkeys are fragile and some people call them dumb because they find many ways to kill themselves. You have to make sure they eat and drink because they kind of forget how to do it. Some people brood them with a few chicks so they remind them to eat but if yours are attacking chicks maybe thats not so great idea. They are beautiful by the way.

Thank you. I have them divided atm. I have a few chicks that really stand out from the rest and no others that look like them. Very unique looking. I am tempted to take 48 pictures lol.

Go to Cackle's site. There are baby pics of each bird they have. Guineas are very, stripey, on their heads as babies. They are also so dang tiny (I have half-grown guineas right now). I did a recount, and there are 45 chicks (including turkeys). I will post pics soon of mine - I got individual shots of my babies.

Thanks. I just finished doing a recount myself to be sure. 52 birds in total. 49 Chicks and 3 Turkeys. Some of my chicks look like they would be another type of bird. I took pictures in groups of their colorings and a few that was singles. I have 2 chicks that look really unique compared to the rest. Mystery chicks maybe? I will post them on what breed are these thread. Hopefully I can get some help on id'ing them.

Oh the time can't go by quick enough. The post lady said she will arrive at the office around 7:30-8:00. My daughter is coming with me. She has her alarm set for 6:30. She has her outfit ready to hop into and pop on her some sandals. She had so much trouble going to sleep last night. Yeah 7lbs. I read on this thread 5 and 6lbs. I have no idea what the mix is and its eating me up waiting.

We made and painted our brooder for their arrival. I love to paint !

Don't tell me that that's one of those little 20 in 1 game tables (foose ball, ping pong, chess, checkers, pool, etc.)? I just saw one in a dumpster across the street (I did snag the foose ball handles to put on our little table).

Looks great by the way.
CG

I'll post pics later. I emailed Cackle about the damaged box, and told them I had one DOA and two that are not looking so hot (I'd be shocked if the golden laced Polish and one of my little yellow chicks pulls through tonight). There were spots chicks could have gotten out, and one section had no chicks in it at all. Not sure if that was how they packed them or not, but this box may explain if I get some stressed out babies.

Still, so far they are doing okay.

Don't tell me that that's one of those little 20 in 1 game tables (foose ball, ping pong, chess, checkers, pool, etc.)? I just saw one in a dumpster across the street (I did snag the foose ball handles to put on our little table).

Looks great by the way.
CG
haha CGinJCMO. Its actually not a old game table. My husband and his brother do a lot of carpentry, So hubby used drop offs to create our brooder. All crafted together with star screws. Thank you for complement. I like how it came out a lot.

Back
Top Bottom