Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Wowzers! My bank account (and my neighbor's patience) can't take 7.5K chickens!

My husband announced yesterday that we are quitting our jobs, moving, and getting rid of my chickens (and dogs). We aren't currently speaking. lol I said the only way we will move is if we take the chickens with us. When we moved four years ago I had to get rid of my flock and it was traumatic on my kids (and me). He plans to move BEFORE my surprise gets here
he.gif
Since everytime we move I do ALL the packing I am not sure how he plans to do this without my cooperation!!!! He gets itchy feet after a few years anywhere. The product of growing up as a missionary kid in Latin America I suppose.
I might or might not. I just don't know. Some of the fun is in figuring them out. Sometimes I go to TSC and get 6 birds just b/c I like surprises. But six is easier than 40-50! I might change my mind once I get mine!

My father moved often when I was a kid.

Moving is expensive and causes a lot of disruptions.

So, are you going to cancel the surprise order and move? Where does your husband want to go?

My father moved often when I was a kid.

Moving is expensive and causes a lot of disruptions.

So, are you going to cancel the surprise order and move? Where does your husband want to go?
He wants to move to East Tennessee where I am from. I crunched numbers and showed him that financially it won't happen. We will see.

I am not cancelling the surprise either
tongue.png

He wants to move to East Tennessee where I am from. I crunched numbers and showed him that financially it won't happen. We will see.

I am not cancelling the surprise either
tongue.png

Why does he want to move? Does he have a good job offer out there or something? That makes no sense.

Well, I've identified a few more. Those videos on their website are very helpful with getting better views.

3 Old English Game Bantams, Blue Splash
3 OEGB, White
3 Either Barred Rocks or Dominiques

The chipmunks are still the hardest! The videos aren't very clear! I wish there was a site with some clear views of the backs!

Why does he want to move? Does he have a good job offer out there or something? That makes no sense.

Elderly family (mine).

Well, I've identified a few more. Those videos on their website are very helpful with getting better views.

3 OEGB, White

The chipmunks are still the hardest! The videos aren't very clear! I wish there was a site with some clear views of the backs!

Have you tried feathersite.com?

3 OEGB, White

There should not be much question between Barred Rock and Dominque--one has a single comb, the other a rose comb.

60.95 incl s/h
i get

2 peking ducklings
20+ standard clean legged chicks
5+ bantam feather legged chicks
5+ bantam clean legged chicks

i think i have in the standard size some gold duckwing japanese or gold speckled sussex. cant tell the difference b/w their chipmunk stripes. definitely am having silkie bantams and black orps in standard and bantam sizes.

am stopping the urge to make another order soon, should focus to pamper this crowded flock =D

60.95 incl s/h
i get

2 peking ducklings
20+ standard clean legged chicks
5+ bantam feather legged chicks
5+ bantam clean legged chicks

i think i have in the standard size some gold duckwing japanese or gold speckled sussex. cant tell the difference b/w their chipmunk stripes. definitely am having silkie bantams and black orps in standard and bantam sizes.

am stopping the urge to make another order soon, should focus to pamper this crowded flock =D

I know... I am so tempted to order another one! The variety was awesome! I got 5 silkies with mine. Sold 3 of them, and I'm going to keep the remaining 2. I guess silkies make excellent pets and mothers.

I know...  I am so tempted to order another one! The variety was awesome! I got 5 silkies with mine. Sold 3 of them, and I'm going to keep the remaining 2. I guess silkies make excellent pets and mothers.

guess what, i hav a 2-month-old silkie and instead of shining light 24hr, i put the silkie with these day olds n induce them to sleep with her at "night". You should see the face of the silkie when the little fluffy balls crowd against her, and she was like "***?! i have never laid eggs yet, where do these offsprings come from?!.... But nevermind i ll be your foster mother..."

I use to do the same for a rir before, and she did not let them touch her. Silkies are so good tempered :)

Back
Top Bottom