Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I got the 3/31/14 surprise and here is my list:

50 total birds
1 - white gosling
2 Bourbon turkeys
4 turkeys
2 barred rocks
2 Dominiques
6 EE's
2 Egyptian Fayoumis
4 Black/white Polish
2 golden polish
1 Silver polish
2 white Jersey giant
3 Australorps
2 Buff Orps
4 Brown Leghorns
3 Wyandottes (silver)
2 Salmon Faverolles
4 chipmonks - not matched to a breed
4 unable to ID

All arrived alive but lost 3 in the first week.

I got the 3/31/14 surprise and here is my list:

50 total birds
1 - white gosling
2 Bourbon turkeys
4 turkeys
2 barred rocks
2 Dominiques
6 EE's
2 Egyptian Fayoumis
4 Black/white Polish
2 golden polish
1 Silver polish
2 white Jersey giant
3 Australorps
2 Buff Orps
4 Brown Leghorns
3 Wyandottes (silver)
2 Salmon Faverolles
4 chipmonks - not matched to a breed
4 unable to ID

All arrived alive but lost 3 in the first week.
That's a pretty impressive list. That's something that I'd love to get, plus maybe a few ducks! You said you got that late march? I'll have to keep that in mind for next year!

I am really pleased with what I got .... In the comments section, I asked for laying chickens and I got a variety of egg-laying chickens. I'm presuming a got a good mix of hens in there.

It appears that my turkeys are a male and female --- one is much larger than the other.

I am really pleased with what I got .... In the comments section, I asked for laying chickens and I got a variety of egg-laying chickens. I'm presuming a got a good mix of hens in there.

It appears that my turkeys are a male and female --- one is much larger than the other.

Awesome!

It would be great if the turkeys were a matched set. I seem to get more males every time.

This is our Duck Doc we revieved in our surprise March 28, 2014... Happy Easter Everyone

mine is due to be shipped on the 28th as well! They said it should be here by the 30th. I live in tx so I feel badforthe trip my new babies aregoing to have to take. :)

I live in northern NY, almost Canada, so mine have quite a trip to me as well!

I can't wait to get mine!
I ordered last month, but asked for a ship date May 5th or later. Got the confirmation for shipping on May 5th.
I hope I get a nice variety and some turkeys.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom