Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I got my replacement replacements today from my box of dead birds last friday. Instead of shipping me the 15 chicks to replace my original losses they sent me 50 chicks and 2 ducks. SO MANY BIRDS
Wow!

Just got my shipment today I ordered the surprise box along with 15 pheasants and 5 khaki ducks. The box was squished and then they dropped my box when they were handing me the box plus they have no clue how my box got extremely wet I opened the box right away the postal works did not want me doing that but the divider in the box was twisted and smashing my chicks I had my pheasants were being smashed by ducks and chickens. Oddly no DOAs and its been 3 hours im dealing with a dozen critical chicks at the moment but as long as I work my magic they should pull through. Put all the birds on game bird feed its high protein and should give a boost. Im my surprise I got 52 chicks and 2 swedish blues no broilers over half of the 52 chicks are top hats im excited about that but I was so hopeing for silkies and turkins we were wanting to breed showgirls ohhh well did get a lot of cocrins and what are the chipmunk chicks turning into? Oh and I got 5 fuzzy guys im assuming are easter Eggers and three look like salmon faverolle.
roll.png
who knows lol
I hope they all pull through for you. Sounds like an awesome little assortment. This thread makes me want a surprise package so bad!

Because of this thread is why I ordered them!!! Lol I did lose one super sad it looked like a partridge cocrin and I wanted one bad :(

This thread is the reason I ordered mine... I saw it on the website so I googled reviews on it and found this! Haha. I lost 1 in my ship ment but I had 3 more that look just like it... not sure what they are yet.

Just got my shipment today I ordered the surprise box along with 15 pheasants and 5 khaki ducks. The box was squished and then they dropped my box when they were handing me the box plus they have no clue how my box got extremely wet I opened the box right away the postal works did not want me doing that but the divider in the box was twisted and smashing my chicks I had my pheasants were being smashed by ducks and chickens. Oddly no DOAs and its been 3 hours im dealing with a dozen critical chicks at the moment but as long as I work my magic they should pull through. Put all the birds on game bird feed its high protein and should give a boost. Im my surprise I got 52 chicks and 2 swedish blues no broilers over half of the 52 chicks are top hats im excited about that but I was so hopeing for silkies and turkins we were wanting to breed showgirls ohhh well did get a lot of cocrins and what are the chipmunk chicks turning into? Oh and I got 5 fuzzy guys im assuming are easter Eggers and three look like salmon faverolle.:rolleyes: who knows lol

My post office asks me to open my shipments in their presence since they are insured. Even provides scissors for the tape. I really hope they make it for you!

Last edited:
Oh god I can't believe I just ordered another surprise lol....yes I can. Out of my last 57 I only lost four and of the remaining 53 only three were roosters. Three roosters out of 53 ! I sold most which is the plan for this next lot. Now I just need my ship date. Sadly part of me wishes I could order this monthly

Ohhh I know right!!! Just sent them my way a monthly poultry sampler! Is there a doctor in the house that specializes is poultry hording:lol:

My box was smashed but ive only lost one chick and one pheasant they are hardy little bugs ive ordered from cackle for years and love them a month ago I got my order of meat birds and my three geese ive been waiting for but they sent me a toulouse trio insted of my embden trio so the sent me out my embden got keep the toulouse trio!:ya

My box was smashed but ive only lost one chick and one pheasant they are hardy little bugs ive ordered from cackle for years and love them a month ago I got my order of meat birds and my three geese ive been waiting for but they sent me a toulouse trio insted of my embden trio so the sent me out my embden got keep the toulouse trio!
ya.gif
Nice! Twice the geese! You going to sell the extras or keep them?

Back
Top Bottom