Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I can't remember when I got the tracking number but mine were here two days after they shipped and in in Nevada.
My only worry is that if I don't get the tracking number, I don't know how I will contact my post office and ask them to be on the look out for the chicks so that I can pick them up early when they arrive. Did your post office give you a call and let you pick them up early even without the tracking number?

Has anyone received their tracking number for their Hatchery Surprise that's supposed to be shipping out today 7/7? My invoice said that my Surprise was being shipped out today, but I haven't received confirmation of shipment yet. Please let me know if you've gotten your tracking number already. Thank you.

See my post from before. You won't get your tracking # until later today. The first two I got around 6 or 7, the 3rd time it was more about 11pm. But the tracking # is worthless. It's not updated until it's already been delivered. Your phone # is printed on the package, telling the post office to call you when they arrive. They should arrive probably Wednesday morning. If you want, just put a note in today's mail addressed to Postmaster and tell them you'll be getting chicks, but it's not necessary.

My post office called me at 6 in the morning from the number on my box of chicks. I think the tracking number is just given to us so we can pull our hair out waiting for it to update :/ ....and it never updates in real time and it's normally a day late or so. But yes I'd call your post office and let them know you are expecting chicks and to pls call you as soon as they arrive.

My town is small snuvvy and I know the lady at the post office well. They didn't open till nine but she called me a little after seven am to pick up mine. Little Katz I'm 6 miles down the canyon from Olinghouse if that gives you an idea where I'm at. And yes with the chicks dogs and my horse when he gets here I understand feeding time. That's not counting hubby and kids. ;)

See my post from before. You won't get your tracking # until later today. The first two I got around 6 or 7, the 3rd time it was more about 11pm. But the tracking # is worthless. It's not updated until it's already been delivered. Your phone # is printed on the package, telling the post office to call you when they arrive. They should arrive probably Wednesday morning. If you want, just put a note in today's mail addressed to Postmaster and tell them you'll be getting chicks, but it's not necessary.
Thank you dealfinder! I remember you older post, but when I called the Post Office today re: my chick delivery, they asked me to call back after getting the tracking number (otherwise, they said, there's no way for them to leave a note). I'm already at work so I won't be able to leave a note until tomorrow for the Postmaster (and then I'm not sure they will get it in time), but thank you for the suggestion--I didn't know I could do that.

Small down post masters are awesome! I know I've mentioned it before..but I've got a donkey, three mustangs (two came from pyramid lake Rez one from fort McDermott )a Shetland pony, down to only 13 goats right now. A mini cow, two pigs, five lambs, about 35 chickens, two turkeys and 16ducks, my mom and the hubby.....my neighbors really know when I'm late feeding lol. I've gotten texts from my friend a couple blocks over about how she can hear the farm screaming because I was running a couple hrs late last Thursday lol. Thankfully I have very understanding neighbors because the donkey is LOUD.

Has anyone received their tracking number for their Hatchery Surprise that's supposed to be shipping out today 7/7?  My invoice said that my Surprise was being shipped out today, but I haven't received confirmation of shipment yet.  Please let me know if you've gotten your tracking number already.  Thank you.

When I got my surprise in March, I got a date and nothing else. The post office called at 530 am 2 days later.

I got a call from Cackle that my Surprise was delayed from 7/7/14 to 7/23/14 - sounds like there was a hatch problem.

Anyone else get delayed?

Mine was shipped out yesterday.

What makes you think there might have been a hatch problem (vs them being sold out?). I know I can't worry about this anymore, since they're already on their way, but I was hoping to have a good variety, but if they really had to push other people's dates back, I'm afraid I really got the bottom scrapings of the barrel :( Haha, just watch, I'm going to end up with 50 Rhode Island Red roos tomorrow.

PS. Plucky Chick, I think I found a blog of yours that said you've ordered the surprise before, can you tell me what types of chicks you got, if you made any special requests...and the ratio of girl to boy? Thanks. I know that there's going to be exactly no link between what you got and what I'm going to get, but I'm hoping if you got good stuff that I'll get good stuff. (And hopefully you'll get good stuff on your delayed shipment, a better chance to get more varieties if they have more "left overs" to choose from for you). EDIT: I just found your old posts saying what you got. Great variety--> Hope I get something similar to you!

Last edited:
Probably not a hatch problem. Remember, the Cackle Surprise is just the leftovers. They have to estimate, and probably they were off by a bit. I'll bet every week there's one or two that have to be rescheduled because they run out.

Back
Top Bottom