Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Someone said cackle was closed down, and wont be open until November. I have to wonder why?? I know I am not to happy with them I got some type of spotted chickens that are not Delawares. I ordered Delawares, and these may be white but they have big black spots all over them, not Delaware at all. And my Leghorn cockerel was not full sized it's a bantam. So now he will have to be culled. They also sent me a bantam buff Orpington instead of full sized.
roll.png
So now I have 4 full sized BO's and 1 bantam BO.

Someone said cackle was closed down, and wont be open until November. I have to wonder why?? I know I am not to happy with them I got some type of spotted chickens that are not Delawares. I ordered Delawares, and these may be white but they have big black spots all over them, not Delaware at all. And my Leghorn cockerel was not full sized it's a bantam. So now he will have to be culled. They also sent me a bantam buff Orpington instead of full sized.
roll.png
So now I have 4 full sized BO's and 1 bantam BO.

I just checked the Cackle web site. There is nothing there to indicate they are closed. They list shipping dates for this month and next month. Next time I go to Lebabnon I could check in person, but I won't be going there this week.

I just checked the Cackle web site. There is nothing there to indicate they are closed. They list shipping dates for this month and next month. Next time I go to Lebabnon I could check in person, but I won't be going there this week.

Luckily I wont be ordering again until spring. But I read on another thread they were closed down. Not sure why??? Or maybe they had hatcheries mixed up??

I just had an email newsletter this week from Cackle and there was nothing mentioned about closing. I do remember something about their fall celebration which is in October or November. Maybe the other person thought & mixed up this information.

CG

I am planning to get cackle surprise but I worried they would not have much variety of chicks or other birds right now should I wait or go ahead and get the surprise?:he

I am planning to get cackle surprise but I worried they would not have much variety of chicks or other birds right now should I wait or go ahead and get the surprise?
he.gif

You would surely get at least a half dozen different breeds. Isn't that variety enough?

Life is short. Get the surprise now.

Last edited:
I never got much variety in regards to kinds of birds - my first Cackle I got 2 ducks and a turkey. My second one I got 2 ducks. My third one only chicks. But I've always gotten quite a variety of chicks!

I never got much variety in regards to kinds of birds - my first Cackle I got 2 ducks and a turkey. My second one I got 2 ducks. My third one only chicks. But I've always gotten quite a variety of chicks!

Cackle only promises a variety of chickens. If you receive ducks, geese, or turkeys, that is a bonus.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom