Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I LOVE the sound of this mystery box of poultry. My only reservation is the lack of Marek's vaccine option. A long time ago my flock was hit with it. Does anyone vaccinate them on arrival? Has anyone had trouble with Marek's? I don't know if it's just being over paranoid.

Hi. Cackle will vaccinate for Mareks. The option appears above your shopping cart before check-out. You have to click on "Mareks vaccine for your order", and it will take you to this quote/option.

"We only Mareks Vaccinate chicks, NOT ducks, geese, turkey, guinea, game birds or Cornish chicks.
There is a minimum charge of $10.00 for the first 67 chicks and then it is 0.15 cents per chick."

As you can see it has a $10 minimum which covers 67 chicks, so you would be covered by putting 67 in the number of chicks. Notice what is not vaccinated.

I have no experience with Mareks. All my flock is vaccinated except the pullets that 3 of my hens hatched last year. I did pay for my surprise to be vaccinated just as I described above. It was hand marked on my invoice that they were vaccinated.

Hi. Cackle will vaccinate for Mareks. The option appears above your shopping cart before check-out. You have to click on "Mareks vaccine for your order", and it will take you to this quote/option. 

"We only Mareks Vaccinate chicks, NOT ducks, geese, turkey, guinea, game birds or Cornish chicks.

There is a minimum charge of $10.00 for the first 67 chicks and then it is 0.15 cents per chick."

As you can see it has a $10 minimum which covers 67 chicks, so you would be covered by putting 67 in the number of chicks. Notice what is not vaccinated. 

I have no experience with Mareks. All my flock is vaccinated except the pullets that 3 of my hens hatched last year. I did pay for my surprise to be vaccinated just as I described above. It was hand marked on my invoice that they were vaccinated. 

Thanks! In the write up for this package i thought it said something about not being able to vaccinate them, but if they'll do it, then I'm sold :)

Ordered :) how long did it take from the time you ordered, for them to ship? I figure they'll send me an email in advance. I can't wait.

Last edited:
We got our surprise box 2 weeks ago. Got 85 chicks and a turkey. 25 of the 85 was another package we purchased but 60 chicks isn't bad!! I know we've got quite a few ees, gold laced wyandottes, silver laced wyandottes, and a turkey. Lots of reds, yellows and chipmunks. Got some I'm not sure what they are, either polish, silkies, or sultans.

Back
Top Bottom