Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

My cackle surprise shipped weds suppose to be here on sat..Hope we have live ones that will be day 4 and my package only weighs 5 lbs..
idunno.gif

i would think it'd come tomorrow...stuff can happen but i think they arrive tomorrow and not saturday. i hope they arrive tomorrow for you

or this one? Light colored legs on this one. This is exceptionally hard to figure out. I feel like a lot of these chicks are going to be wait and sees.

I got 3 buff brahmas.

there are 2 of them. I originally had them lumped in the cochin category.

A SLW

And chubby tubbs our largest chick. we're guessing easter egger

i would think it'd come tomorrow...stuff can happen but i think they arrive tomorrow and not saturday.  i hope they arrive tomorrow for you

I awoke to good news! I had two text messages from USPS (I signed up for text alerts at USPS track and confirm web page) that said arrived at HAMPDEN ME and departed there! Hampden is our closest postal processing facility, so I expect a call from the post office soon!

If clean shanks, probably Golden Laced Wyandotte (or Cackle also has Black Laced Red Wyandottes)

Probably Columbian Rock.

In my box shipped April 6:

8 unidentified yellow downed chicks (some single combed, some cushion or strawberry)
8 unidentified chipmunks (assume most are Phoenix, but not certain)
1 California White
2 Light Brahma
3 Dark Brahma
2 Buff Brahma
2 black chicks
4 Gold Laced Wyandottes
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
4 Blue Sumatra
2 Columbian Rock
2 White Jersey Giant
8 Speckled Sussex (some may be Brown Leghorn or Welsummer)
1 Houdan
1 White Crested Black Polish
1 Red Cochin
4 Easter Eggers

I think that's it.

Last edited:
Soo....we got our shipment in. No DOA, there were about 51 chicks, no geese like we had requested, but it IS hatchery choice with no guarantee other than at least 40 live chicks. I had to cull one who could not stand because of a deformity and was being trampled by everyone. I tried, though, by dipping it's beak in the elecrolyte water, but it never got better. So, it was a mercy killing. :( We also had received 6 who have broken toes and one silkie who has extra toe fused to the back toe. We called Cackle up, told them what we had and the call rep transferred me to talk with Jeff (Big boss). He apologized profusely, said those would have come from the cull box and he will be talking to the sorting and shipping department at meeting, as they never should have made it to the customer. As a token of good faith...he bumped our Waterfowl special shipment date up...from late May to this Monday!
As far as what breeds we have..a few Mottled Houdan, possibly a Salmon Faverolle, lots of chipmunks...one polish (golden lace?). My wife thinks one is a phoenix. I haven't had much chance to go through each one...will update after I do.

Last edited:
WOW makes me wonder if your whole order was from the cull box. That is so sad. I am sorry you ended up with a mess BUT............. With you they stand a chance they would not have otherwise.

jumpy.gif
pop.gif
Post some pics when you get a chance.

Babs

Back
Top Bottom