Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Got the call at 7 am. I ordered 2 surprise boxes. I received 22 ducks and 70 chicks for a total of 92. Not bad for $125.50.

:bun:ya

There sure is. I saw black Cayuga. Welsh harlequin and Rouen. The chicks were pretty much standard brown layers. Rhode Island Red. Barred rock. Wyandottes. Easter eggers. White rocks. Brahmas. A great assortment for sure !!
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

We have lost 3 so far, and I think another is on it's way out. Why do they go around and around in a circle? They looked fine until I washed it's butt...and then it just kept going around in the same direction. Any ideas or suggestions? It is so sad. I hate when chicks die. Ps I am jealous of the 22 ducks! Are you eating them or raising pets?

I have had 2 die so far. The first broke his leg while being shipped and died during the third night. The next was a red chick (I'm thinking a sex link) that was unexpectedly trampled overnight.
On the other hand, 22 ducks? That's amazing! My cayuga ducklings are adorable and super nice. I hope yours are too.

We have lost 3 so far, and I think another is on it's way out. Why do they go around and around in a circle? They looked fine until I washed it's butt...and then it just kept going around in the same direction. Any ideas or suggestions? It is so sad. I hate when chicks die. Ps I am jealous of the 22 ducks! Are you eating them or raising pets?

I didn't expect that many ducks so it really was a surprise ! Lol. I will probably sell the eggs and just use the extra drakes for meat. I have only raised chickens and this year started with other poultry and livestock. The pig only lasted three weeks before he went to camp. I really enjoy the duck I got in my last order. So I think I am definitely expanding and adding ducks.

I have never had any of mine run in circles. Try calling the hatchery and maybe they can help.

Last edited:
My surprise was shipped yesterday...so exciting! I asked for no geese so we will see what happens :)

The weight said 16 pounds which made my heart skip a beat...I'm assuming that's a typo and it will be 6 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom